The Kooks' Luke Pritchard Feels Bad for Mischa Barton
The Kooks' frontman Luke Pritchard feels sorry for his ex-girlfriend Mischa Barton, because she bore the brunt of the criticism over their relationship. The pair split in March 2009 amid speculation they found it hard to maintain their transatlantic union. The British rocker coped well with the heightened interest in his love life, but admits the high-profile relationship took its toll on the actress.
And the musician will be wary of celebrity romances in future, because his time with Barton made him realise the difficulties of dating other stars. He says, "The attention we got was short and miserable. To be honest, it never got too intrusive though I feel bad for Mischa because she had a hard time. The constant criticism wasn't cool."
"Mischa was a nice little time and it ended. The attention we got didn't have that much effect on me. The worst thing that happened was having my mates phone up and ask, 'Are you going out with that bird (girl) then?' It made me more wary of relationships in the public."
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'