Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Got Closer After Being Each Other's Only Friend
Romanced blossomed for Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth on the set of their movie "The Last Song" because they were stuck in a remote town for weeks on end with only each other for company. The pair met when they relocated to Tybee Island, Georgia in 2009 to film the teen drama, and after months of speculation about their relationship, Cyrus finally confirmed they are dating in a post-Oscars interview, on March 7.
Hemsworth reveals he fell for the "Hannah Montana" star while they were making the movie, because they spent so much time on their own together. He tells Access Hollywood, "We spent a lot of time together. We're shooting together every day and together on weekends and we were kind of each other's only friends down there. We just got really close ... we enjoyed being around each other."
Hemsworth admits he did not realize the extent of Cyrus' superstar status when they met, and he's been stunned by the press reaction to their romance. He adds, "I knew who she was but not to the extent of who she is and how big she was. I worked that out in the first day of shooting."
"I came down and there (were) 100 fans and 10 photographers on either end of the beach. My life's a lot different right now. (It's) such an odd thing for photographers to be following you around and taking photos of you while you eat and walk and shower."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift