Gabourey Sidibe's Mom Blasts Howard Stern for His Offensive Comments
Gabourey Sidibe's mother has told Howard Stern to "get a life" after the shock jock made a series of unflattering comments about the plus-size actress' weight. Stern caused controversy last week after criticizing the "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" star on his Sirius radio show, urging the 26-year-old to seek help because "obesity" is a life-threatening condition.
He also claimed she will find it difficult to land any more roles in Hollywood because of her portly frame - and Sidibe's mum, Alice Tan Ridley, is fuming over the DJ's unkind comments. She tells U.S. TV show "Inside Edition", "Get a life. He can see, you can see, I can see Gabby is a big girl. She's a big woman, so what's wrong with that? She's not like everyone else in the world. I don't see him giving jobs out to anybody, so why should we care what he says? He might not hire her, but someone else will!"
Whoopi Goldberg has also blasted Stern for taking aim at the Oscar-nominated star - insisting Sidibe's size shouldn't overshadow her acting skills. She told viewers of U.S. TV show "The View", "Before you just dismiss her because of her size, take a look at her talent. She's a wonderful actress and that's all y'all need to know!"
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory