Mike Rutherford Glad He Stored Genesis' Old Stuff
Genesis's founder Mike Rutherford is glad he insisted on keeping the band's former stage outfits, instruments and equipment stored in a barn near his studio - because it gave Rock & Roll Hall of Fame officials the chance to really represent the group in its Cleveland, Ohio museum.
Rutherford admits he always knew that keeping hold of the historic items would be a good idea - and now, thanks to the collection in his barn, the new Genesis display will be one of the museum's most established after the band is inducted on Monday night, March 15. He says, "There was a guy here this last week from the Hall of Fame museum collecting stuff - jackets and old keyboards, my double-neck guitar, some old pedals, posters."
"I even found Peter's (former frontman Gabriel) old leather jacket from the Lamb (Lies Down on Broadway) tour. We have a big barn here by the studio, a big old barn full of stuff - old gear, old double-neck guitars and stuff. We clear stuff out but we keep the old stuff."
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame