Mike Rutherford Glad He Stored Genesis' Old Stuff
Genesis's founder Mike Rutherford is glad he insisted on keeping the band's former stage outfits, instruments and equipment stored in a barn near his studio - because it gave Rock & Roll Hall of Fame officials the chance to really represent the group in its Cleveland, Ohio museum.
Rutherford admits he always knew that keeping hold of the historic items would be a good idea - and now, thanks to the collection in his barn, the new Genesis display will be one of the museum's most established after the band is inducted on Monday night, March 15. He says, "There was a guy here this last week from the Hall of Fame museum collecting stuff - jackets and old keyboards, my double-neck guitar, some old pedals, posters."
"I even found Peter's (former frontman Gabriel) old leather jacket from the Lamb (Lies Down on Broadway) tour. We have a big barn here by the studio, a big old barn full of stuff - old gear, old double-neck guitars and stuff. We clear stuff out but we keep the old stuff."
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed