Mike Rutherford Glad He Stored Genesis' Old Stuff
Genesis's founder Mike Rutherford is glad he insisted on keeping the band's former stage outfits, instruments and equipment stored in a barn near his studio - because it gave Rock & Roll Hall of Fame officials the chance to really represent the group in its Cleveland, Ohio museum.
Rutherford admits he always knew that keeping hold of the historic items would be a good idea - and now, thanks to the collection in his barn, the new Genesis display will be one of the museum's most established after the band is inducted on Monday night, March 15. He says, "There was a guy here this last week from the Hall of Fame museum collecting stuff - jackets and old keyboards, my double-neck guitar, some old pedals, posters."
"I even found Peter's (former frontman Gabriel) old leather jacket from the Lamb (Lies Down on Broadway) tour. We have a big barn here by the studio, a big old barn full of stuff - old gear, old double-neck guitars and stuff. We clear stuff out but we keep the old stuff."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?