Mike Rutherford Glad He Stored Genesis' Old Stuff
Genesis's founder Mike Rutherford is glad he insisted on keeping the band's former stage outfits, instruments and equipment stored in a barn near his studio - because it gave Rock & Roll Hall of Fame officials the chance to really represent the group in its Cleveland, Ohio museum.
Rutherford admits he always knew that keeping hold of the historic items would be a good idea - and now, thanks to the collection in his barn, the new Genesis display will be one of the museum's most established after the band is inducted on Monday night, March 15. He says, "There was a guy here this last week from the Hall of Fame museum collecting stuff - jackets and old keyboards, my double-neck guitar, some old pedals, posters."
"I even found Peter's (former frontman Gabriel) old leather jacket from the Lamb (Lies Down on Broadway) tour. We have a big barn here by the studio, a big old barn full of stuff - old gear, old double-neck guitars and stuff. We clear stuff out but we keep the old stuff."
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie