Mike Rutherford Glad He Stored Genesis' Old Stuff
Genesis's founder Mike Rutherford is glad he insisted on keeping the band's former stage outfits, instruments and equipment stored in a barn near his studio - because it gave Rock & Roll Hall of Fame officials the chance to really represent the group in its Cleveland, Ohio museum.
Rutherford admits he always knew that keeping hold of the historic items would be a good idea - and now, thanks to the collection in his barn, the new Genesis display will be one of the museum's most established after the band is inducted on Monday night, March 15. He says, "There was a guy here this last week from the Hall of Fame museum collecting stuff - jackets and old keyboards, my double-neck guitar, some old pedals, posters."
"I even found Peter's (former frontman Gabriel) old leather jacket from the Lamb (Lies Down on Broadway) tour. We have a big barn here by the studio, a big old barn full of stuff - old gear, old double-neck guitars and stuff. We clear stuff out but we keep the old stuff."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding