Toronto Officials Confirm No Involvement in Corey Haim's Funeral Expenses
City officials in Toronto, Canada have dismissed reports taxpayers will pick up the funeral costs for tragic actor Corey Haim, despite allegations from his grieving mother. The "Lost Boys" star died of a suspected drug overdose in Los Angeles on March 10 and his cancer-stricken mother, Judy Haim, has been struggling to gather enough cash to fly the actor's body to his native Canada.
Family members began selling Haim's possessions on internet auction site eBay as a way for fans to donate to funeral costs and his mum was even offered a $20,000 cheque advance from executives at Startifacts, the company helping to shift the memorabilia. But the matriarch recently claimed Startifacts bosses had yet to provide her with the funds, and she had instead accepted an offer from Toronto officials to pay for burial expenses.
However, a city spokesman is baffled by Judy's comments - because officials have not been approached to provide funeral funds. Communications director Kevin Sack says, "The City of Toronto confirms no involvement in funeral costs for Mr. Haim. The City of Toronto has never received an application for assistance with the funeral costs for Mr. Haim." Haim is expected to be buried in Toronto on Tuesday, March 16.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake