Toronto Officials Confirm No Involvement in Corey Haim's Funeral Expenses
City officials in Toronto, Canada have dismissed reports taxpayers will pick up the funeral costs for tragic actor Corey Haim, despite allegations from his grieving mother. The "Lost Boys" star died of a suspected drug overdose in Los Angeles on March 10 and his cancer-stricken mother, Judy Haim, has been struggling to gather enough cash to fly the actor's body to his native Canada.
Family members began selling Haim's possessions on internet auction site eBay as a way for fans to donate to funeral costs and his mum was even offered a $20,000 cheque advance from executives at Startifacts, the company helping to shift the memorabilia. But the matriarch recently claimed Startifacts bosses had yet to provide her with the funds, and she had instead accepted an offer from Toronto officials to pay for burial expenses.
However, a city spokesman is baffled by Judy's comments - because officials have not been approached to provide funeral funds. Communications director Kevin Sack says, "The City of Toronto confirms no involvement in funeral costs for Mr. Haim. The City of Toronto has never received an application for assistance with the funeral costs for Mr. Haim." Haim is expected to be buried in Toronto on Tuesday, March 16.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris