Former Manager Defended Britney Spears' Wild Days
Britney Spears' former manager Sam Lutfi insists the pop superstar was simply "expressing her independence and her freedom" when she suffered a breakdown in 2007. The "Toxic" hitmaker shocked the world with her antics, shaving her head, attacking a car with an umbrella, and entering a bitter custody battle over her two kids with ex-husband Kevin Federline.
In early 2008, the star entered a psychiatric ward in Los Angeles for two days after she refused to return her sons to their father. She later entered a conservatorship with her father, which put him in control of her fortune and legal affairs.
And despite being by Spears' side throughout her meltdown, Lutfi - who acted as the star's manager - insists she was just expressing herself. He tells TMZ.com, "(Britney was) expressing her independence and her freedom. Hopefully she'll get the chance to do it again. (There's) nothing wrong with Britney, she's awesome."
Lutfi, who is now banned from contacting Spears under a restraining order, alleges he is owed compensation for the period of time he worked as her manager. The Spears family insists the deal is now void.
More Britney Spears News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding