Drew Barrymore Believes Past Life Make Her a Good Parent
Drew Barrymore is convinced she'd make a great mum - because her unconventional childhood has taught her how to be a good parent. The former child star famously became hooked on drugs at an early age, smoking marijuana and snorting cocaine before entering rehab at 13.
And Barrymore insists that her volatile relationship with her famous parents, John Barrymore and Jaid Barrymore - who split when she was a baby - has shown her how not to bring up children. She tells Britain's Daily Mail, "I'd definitely be the kind of parent who enabled my child's dreams. I have the blueprints of what not to do ... I think I'd be a good parent, actually."
"I'd never say never to marriage and kids. I grew up in a family that was multifaceted, sexually oriented, and pretty much open to everything. And because I was working, my friends were all adults. I had a tough time going to different schools because people knew me from films and I was the fat child who got beaten up every day."
More Drew Barrymore News
- Prince William and Prince Harry Regret Last Short Phone Call With Princess Diana
- Linkin Park Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington by Launching Suicide-Prevention Site
- Comic-Con: 'Stranger Things' First Season 2 Trailer Features Creepy Visions and Eleven's Return
- Nicki Minaj Finally Joins Snapchat, but She Has No Idea How to Use It!
- Scott Disick Insists He's 'Not Sex Addict,' but Does Admit to Having a 'Gargantuan Appetite' for Sex
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Trailer Teases Superman's Return and Green Lantern
- Jennifer Lopez Flaunts Hot Bod in Sheer Mini Dress When Celebrating Her Birthday With Alex Rodriguez
- Hilary Duff's L.A. Home Burglarized After She Shares Holiday Pics Online