Drew Barrymore Believes Past Life Make Her a Good Parent
Drew Barrymore is convinced she'd make a great mum - because her unconventional childhood has taught her how to be a good parent. The former child star famously became hooked on drugs at an early age, smoking marijuana and snorting cocaine before entering rehab at 13.
And Barrymore insists that her volatile relationship with her famous parents, John Barrymore and Jaid Barrymore - who split when she was a baby - has shown her how not to bring up children. She tells Britain's Daily Mail, "I'd definitely be the kind of parent who enabled my child's dreams. I have the blueprints of what not to do ... I think I'd be a good parent, actually."
"I'd never say never to marriage and kids. I grew up in a family that was multifaceted, sexually oriented, and pretty much open to everything. And because I was working, my friends were all adults. I had a tough time going to different schools because people knew me from films and I was the fat child who got beaten up every day."
More Drew Barrymore News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage