Dakota Fanning Says No to Singing Career
Dakota Fanning has rejected offers to launch a singing career after playing The Runaways' singer Cherie Currie in a new biopic - insisting she'd faint if she had to perform her own music. The 16-year-old actres used her own vocals to portray Currie in the upcoming movie, which co-stars Kristen Stewart as singer/guitarist Joan Jett.
But the actress insists fans shouldn't get there hopes up for her music debut, insisting she'll only ever sing on the big screen. She says, "I never thought of myself as a singer."
The Lily Owens of "The Secret Life of Bees" further explains, "I've always been kind of self-conscious about singing but I've realized if I'm playing a character I can do it because I kind of get to hide behind her a little bit. But just as Dakota Fanning, I would pass out."
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her