Dakota Fanning Says No to Singing Career
Dakota Fanning has rejected offers to launch a singing career after playing The Runaways' singer Cherie Currie in a new biopic - insisting she'd faint if she had to perform her own music. The 16-year-old actres used her own vocals to portray Currie in the upcoming movie, which co-stars Kristen Stewart as singer/guitarist Joan Jett.
But the actress insists fans shouldn't get there hopes up for her music debut, insisting she'll only ever sing on the big screen. She says, "I never thought of myself as a singer."
The Lily Owens of "The Secret Life of Bees" further explains, "I've always been kind of self-conscious about singing but I've realized if I'm playing a character I can do it because I kind of get to hide behind her a little bit. But just as Dakota Fanning, I would pass out."
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake