Dakota Fanning Says No to Singing Career
Dakota Fanning has rejected offers to launch a singing career after playing The Runaways' singer Cherie Currie in a new biopic - insisting she'd faint if she had to perform her own music. The 16-year-old actres used her own vocals to portray Currie in the upcoming movie, which co-stars Kristen Stewart as singer/guitarist Joan Jett.
But the actress insists fans shouldn't get there hopes up for her music debut, insisting she'll only ever sing on the big screen. She says, "I never thought of myself as a singer."
The Lily Owens of "The Secret Life of Bees" further explains, "I've always been kind of self-conscious about singing but I've realized if I'm playing a character I can do it because I kind of get to hide behind her a little bit. But just as Dakota Fanning, I would pass out."
More Dakota Fanning News
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'