Dakota Fanning Says No to Singing Career
Dakota Fanning has rejected offers to launch a singing career after playing The Runaways' singer Cherie Currie in a new biopic - insisting she'd faint if she had to perform her own music. The 16-year-old actres used her own vocals to portray Currie in the upcoming movie, which co-stars Kristen Stewart as singer/guitarist Joan Jett.
But the actress insists fans shouldn't get there hopes up for her music debut, insisting she'll only ever sing on the big screen. She says, "I never thought of myself as a singer."
The Lily Owens of "The Secret Life of Bees" further explains, "I've always been kind of self-conscious about singing but I've realized if I'm playing a character I can do it because I kind of get to hide behind her a little bit. But just as Dakota Fanning, I would pass out."
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo