Lionel Richie Fazed by Nicole's Dog During 'We Are the World' Recording Session
Lionel Richie's first "We Are the World" recording session memories are tainted by the fact he learned his four-year-old daughter Nicole Richie had just picked up what was to become the family's first pet while he was in the studio. Richie wrote the charity anthem with Michael Jackson and assembled a staggering array of superstars in the studio to record the track in 1985.
But his daughter admits she added drama to the big day when she showed up with her first dog. The socialite-turned-designer, who appears on the new version of the song, recalls, "My mom let me get a dog and I had brought it to the studio, so my dad was a little bit flustered."
"I had gotten a dog without asking him so that means it was coming home with us and the dog was running around and I was like, 'Why aren't you playing with the dog with me?' He was like, 'I'm writing a song right now' ... I was really young."
More Lionel Richie News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding