Lionel Richie Fazed by Nicole's Dog During 'We Are the World' Recording Session
Lionel Richie's first "We Are the World" recording session memories are tainted by the fact he learned his four-year-old daughter Nicole Richie had just picked up what was to become the family's first pet while he was in the studio. Richie wrote the charity anthem with Michael Jackson and assembled a staggering array of superstars in the studio to record the track in 1985.
But his daughter admits she added drama to the big day when she showed up with her first dog. The socialite-turned-designer, who appears on the new version of the song, recalls, "My mom let me get a dog and I had brought it to the studio, so my dad was a little bit flustered."
"I had gotten a dog without asking him so that means it was coming home with us and the dog was running around and I was like, 'Why aren't you playing with the dog with me?' He was like, 'I'm writing a song right now' ... I was really young."
More Lionel Richie News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3