Lionel Richie Fazed by Nicole's Dog During 'We Are the World' Recording Session
Lionel Richie's first "We Are the World" recording session memories are tainted by the fact he learned his four-year-old daughter Nicole Richie had just picked up what was to become the family's first pet while he was in the studio. Richie wrote the charity anthem with Michael Jackson and assembled a staggering array of superstars in the studio to record the track in 1985.
But his daughter admits she added drama to the big day when she showed up with her first dog. The socialite-turned-designer, who appears on the new version of the song, recalls, "My mom let me get a dog and I had brought it to the studio, so my dad was a little bit flustered."
"I had gotten a dog without asking him so that means it was coming home with us and the dog was running around and I was like, 'Why aren't you playing with the dog with me?' He was like, 'I'm writing a song right now' ... I was really young."
More Lionel Richie News
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer