Lionel Richie Fazed by Nicole's Dog During 'We Are the World' Recording Session
Lionel Richie's first "We Are the World" recording session memories are tainted by the fact he learned his four-year-old daughter Nicole Richie had just picked up what was to become the family's first pet while he was in the studio. Richie wrote the charity anthem with Michael Jackson and assembled a staggering array of superstars in the studio to record the track in 1985.
But his daughter admits she added drama to the big day when she showed up with her first dog. The socialite-turned-designer, who appears on the new version of the song, recalls, "My mom let me get a dog and I had brought it to the studio, so my dad was a little bit flustered."
"I had gotten a dog without asking him so that means it was coming home with us and the dog was running around and I was like, 'Why aren't you playing with the dog with me?' He was like, 'I'm writing a song right now' ... I was really young."
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises