Take That's Howard Donald Struck by Affair Allegations
Take That's star Howard Donald is facing allegations he cheated on his longterm partner - just days after his bandmate Mark Owen confessed to a string of 10 affairs behind his wife's back. Owen's indiscretions were made public earlier this week - the singer admitted he has been "an idiot" and subsequently checked into rehab to deal with his drinking problem.
Now his bandmate Donald has been accused of cheating on his girlfriend Marie-Christine Musswessels, the mother of his youngest daughter Lola, before they split in late 2009. He also has another daughter, Grace, from a previous relationship.
In an interview with British newspaper the News of the World, married Dutch beauty Merith Van Onselen alleges she conducted an affair with the singer while he was still involved with Musswessels. She claims to have met the star while he was working as a DJ in Berlin, Germany in July, 2008 and alleges they embarked on an eight-month affair after he bombarded her with saucy emails.
Van Onselen, who has now split from her husband, tells the newspaper, "The first time I met him I told him I was married and he pulled a sad face. I thought that was the end of it. We kept running into each other at different DJ nights. He would say I was beautiful and special."
"Then one day I gave in. It was the start of a passionate relationship. Howard spoke a lot about feeling guilty about Marie. He was so confused and kept saying to me, 'Look at the big picture, you are married and I am still in a relationship'." Van Onselen claims the romance ended in October 2009, shortly before the star split from his girlfriend.
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo