Toronto Officials Will Pay Corey Haim's Funeral Expenses
Funeral costs for tragic actor Corey Haim will be paid for by the authorities in charge of his native Toronto, Canada, according to the late star's grieving mother. The "Lost Boys" star died of a suspected drug overdose in Los Angeles on Wednesday, March 10. His family members revealed they were struggling to gather enough money to fly his body home and began selling the late actor's possessions on internet auction site eBay as a way for fans to donate to funeral costs.
Executives at Startifacts, the company helping to sell Haim's belongings online, subsequently offered to hand the actor's cancer-stricken mother, Judy Haim, a $20,000 cheque ahead of the memorial - instead of making her wait for all of the money to come through once the online auctions finish.
However, the matriarch tells U.S. TV news program "Access Hollywood" Startifacts bosses have not yet provided the funds, and she has accepted an offer from Toronto officials to pay for burial expenses. Haim will be buried in Toronto, Canada on Tuesday, March 16.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death