Toronto Officials Will Pay Corey Haim's Funeral Expenses
Funeral costs for tragic actor Corey Haim will be paid for by the authorities in charge of his native Toronto, Canada, according to the late star's grieving mother. The "Lost Boys" star died of a suspected drug overdose in Los Angeles on Wednesday, March 10. His family members revealed they were struggling to gather enough money to fly his body home and began selling the late actor's possessions on internet auction site eBay as a way for fans to donate to funeral costs.
Executives at Startifacts, the company helping to sell Haim's belongings online, subsequently offered to hand the actor's cancer-stricken mother, Judy Haim, a $20,000 cheque ahead of the memorial - instead of making her wait for all of the money to come through once the online auctions finish.
However, the matriarch tells U.S. TV news program "Access Hollywood" Startifacts bosses have not yet provided the funds, and she has accepted an offer from Toronto officials to pay for burial expenses. Haim will be buried in Toronto, Canada on Tuesday, March 16.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation