Toronto Officials Will Pay Corey Haim's Funeral Expenses
Funeral costs for tragic actor Corey Haim will be paid for by the authorities in charge of his native Toronto, Canada, according to the late star's grieving mother. The "Lost Boys" star died of a suspected drug overdose in Los Angeles on Wednesday, March 10. His family members revealed they were struggling to gather enough money to fly his body home and began selling the late actor's possessions on internet auction site eBay as a way for fans to donate to funeral costs.
Executives at Startifacts, the company helping to sell Haim's belongings online, subsequently offered to hand the actor's cancer-stricken mother, Judy Haim, a $20,000 cheque ahead of the memorial - instead of making her wait for all of the money to come through once the online auctions finish.
However, the matriarch tells U.S. TV news program "Access Hollywood" Startifacts bosses have not yet provided the funds, and she has accepted an offer from Toronto officials to pay for burial expenses. Haim will be buried in Toronto, Canada on Tuesday, March 16.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna