Toronto Officials Will Pay Corey Haim's Funeral Expenses
Funeral costs for tragic actor Corey Haim will be paid for by the authorities in charge of his native Toronto, Canada, according to the late star's grieving mother. The "Lost Boys" star died of a suspected drug overdose in Los Angeles on Wednesday, March 10. His family members revealed they were struggling to gather enough money to fly his body home and began selling the late actor's possessions on internet auction site eBay as a way for fans to donate to funeral costs.
Executives at Startifacts, the company helping to sell Haim's belongings online, subsequently offered to hand the actor's cancer-stricken mother, Judy Haim, a $20,000 cheque ahead of the memorial - instead of making her wait for all of the money to come through once the online auctions finish.
However, the matriarch tells U.S. TV news program "Access Hollywood" Startifacts bosses have not yet provided the funds, and she has accepted an offer from Toronto officials to pay for burial expenses. Haim will be buried in Toronto, Canada on Tuesday, March 16.
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date