Elton John's New Play Reminds Him of Boyfriend Committing Suicide
Elton John was inspired to take new play "Next Fall" to the Broadway stage, because the storyline reminded him of a former lover who killed himself. The 62-year-old singer and his partner David Furnish both produce the show, about a gay couple whose relationship is changed by a tragic accident.
The story struck a chord with the "Rocket Man", who admits he's still affected by the death of the un-named ex-boyfriend. John tells New York Post columnist Cindy Adams, "Years back I had a relationship, and I had absolutely no idea in the world he was going to do this."
"He threw himself under a truck. There was so much grief," the "Candle in the Wind" singer shares. "Next Fall" opened in New York on Thursday, March 11.
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'