Elton John's New Play Reminds Him of Boyfriend Committing Suicide
Elton John was inspired to take new play "Next Fall" to the Broadway stage, because the storyline reminded him of a former lover who killed himself. The 62-year-old singer and his partner David Furnish both produce the show, about a gay couple whose relationship is changed by a tragic accident.
The story struck a chord with the "Rocket Man", who admits he's still affected by the death of the un-named ex-boyfriend. John tells New York Post columnist Cindy Adams, "Years back I had a relationship, and I had absolutely no idea in the world he was going to do this."
"He threw himself under a truck. There was so much grief," the "Candle in the Wind" singer shares. "Next Fall" opened in New York on Thursday, March 11.
More Elton John News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie