Elton John's New Play Reminds Him of Boyfriend Committing Suicide
Elton John was inspired to take new play "Next Fall" to the Broadway stage, because the storyline reminded him of a former lover who killed himself. The 62-year-old singer and his partner David Furnish both produce the show, about a gay couple whose relationship is changed by a tragic accident.
The story struck a chord with the "Rocket Man", who admits he's still affected by the death of the un-named ex-boyfriend. John tells New York Post columnist Cindy Adams, "Years back I had a relationship, and I had absolutely no idea in the world he was going to do this."
"He threw himself under a truck. There was so much grief," the "Candle in the Wind" singer shares. "Next Fall" opened in New York on Thursday, March 11.
More Elton John News
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer