Elton John's New Play Reminds Him of Boyfriend Committing Suicide
Elton John was inspired to take new play "Next Fall" to the Broadway stage, because the storyline reminded him of a former lover who killed himself. The 62-year-old singer and his partner David Furnish both produce the show, about a gay couple whose relationship is changed by a tragic accident.
The story struck a chord with the "Rocket Man", who admits he's still affected by the death of the un-named ex-boyfriend. John tells New York Post columnist Cindy Adams, "Years back I had a relationship, and I had absolutely no idea in the world he was going to do this."
"He threw himself under a truck. There was so much grief," the "Candle in the Wind" singer shares. "Next Fall" opened in New York on Thursday, March 11.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala