Texas Ready for New Album After Guitarist Recovers
Sharleen Spiteri has confirmed she's heading back to the studio with Texas now guitarist Alistair McErlaine is out of hospital. The musician collapsed in September 2009 after suffering a brain hemorrhage. He underwent an operation in London and spent a month in an intensive care unit.
He was taken off a life support machine in October 2009 and is now "fighting fit", according to the singer. And Spiteri has revealed McErlaine is pushing for the band to record a new album. She tells Digital Spy, "Doctors were telling us he wouldn't survive it, but luckily he has and he's absolutely fighting fit."
"He's out of hospital and chomping at the bit to make another record. It's been a weird journey with this one, but we're absolutely dying to make the next Texas record. As for when it's going to be ready, I don't know. We've written a few songs and we're getting there slowly."
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video