Texas Ready for New Album After Guitarist Recovers
Sharleen Spiteri has confirmed she's heading back to the studio with Texas now guitarist Alistair McErlaine is out of hospital. The musician collapsed in September 2009 after suffering a brain hemorrhage. He underwent an operation in London and spent a month in an intensive care unit.
He was taken off a life support machine in October 2009 and is now "fighting fit", according to the singer. And Spiteri has revealed McErlaine is pushing for the band to record a new album. She tells Digital Spy, "Doctors were telling us he wouldn't survive it, but luckily he has and he's absolutely fighting fit."
"He's out of hospital and chomping at the bit to make another record. It's been a weird journey with this one, but we're absolutely dying to make the next Texas record. As for when it's going to be ready, I don't know. We've written a few songs and we're getting there slowly."
More Texas News
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser