Texas Ready for New Album After Guitarist Recovers
Sharleen Spiteri has confirmed she's heading back to the studio with Texas now guitarist Alistair McErlaine is out of hospital. The musician collapsed in September 2009 after suffering a brain hemorrhage. He underwent an operation in London and spent a month in an intensive care unit.
He was taken off a life support machine in October 2009 and is now "fighting fit", according to the singer. And Spiteri has revealed McErlaine is pushing for the band to record a new album. She tells Digital Spy, "Doctors were telling us he wouldn't survive it, but luckily he has and he's absolutely fighting fit."
"He's out of hospital and chomping at the bit to make another record. It's been a weird journey with this one, but we're absolutely dying to make the next Texas record. As for when it's going to be ready, I don't know. We've written a few songs and we're getting there slowly."
More Texas News
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character