Texas Ready for New Album After Guitarist Recovers
Sharleen Spiteri has confirmed she's heading back to the studio with Texas now guitarist Alistair McErlaine is out of hospital. The musician collapsed in September 2009 after suffering a brain hemorrhage. He underwent an operation in London and spent a month in an intensive care unit.
He was taken off a life support machine in October 2009 and is now "fighting fit", according to the singer. And Spiteri has revealed McErlaine is pushing for the band to record a new album. She tells Digital Spy, "Doctors were telling us he wouldn't survive it, but luckily he has and he's absolutely fighting fit."
"He's out of hospital and chomping at the bit to make another record. It's been a weird journey with this one, but we're absolutely dying to make the next Texas record. As for when it's going to be ready, I don't know. We've written a few songs and we're getting there slowly."
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'