Mary J. Blige Certain 'Precious' Will Help Molestation Victims to Speak Out
Mary J. Blige is applauding Hollywood bosses for backing "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" - because she's convinced the film will help child molestation victims speak out about their abuse. "Precious" tells the gritty story of a troubled teenager who is raped by her father and abused by her mother.
The R&B star, who recorded a song for the soundtrack, found she could relate to the film because of her own troubled childhood, and she's adamant the Oscar-winning movie will encourage other abuse victims to seek help. She tells Britain's GMTV show, "I've grown up, I've seen similar situations like that and I've lived some of those situations."
"I've actually seen people go through exactly what Precious went through and, I mean, the effect that it had on me is that someone's doing an uncut version of what some of us need to see in order to be able to come out and speak freely about something that can set them free. It made me really happy that Hollywood is even allowing something like that to get through. And for people to break free from the bondage of being molested as a child or whatever."
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch