Leonardo DiCaprio Dreams of Having His Own Family
Leonardo DiCaprio realized the importance of family after the death of his grandmother, insisting the tragic loss made him long to have children of his own. The "Titanic" star, who has enjoyed an on/off romance with Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli since 2005, has previously insisted he's too busy for kids.
But DiCaprio admits he has been dreaming of fatherhood since he lost his grandmother Helene in 2008, because her death made him understand the importance of having a life outside of his movie work. He says, "I definitely feel a need to make my life about more than just my career. I was thinking to myself how little of it has been lived normally as opposed to being spent on some far-off movie location."
"Family is something I'm starting to think about more and more, especially now that my grandmother is no longer around. It makes you think about the impermanence of things and how important it is to be part of a family - to have some meaning apart from your work."
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die