Leonardo DiCaprio Dreams of Having His Own Family
Leonardo DiCaprio realized the importance of family after the death of his grandmother, insisting the tragic loss made him long to have children of his own. The "Titanic" star, who has enjoyed an on/off romance with Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli since 2005, has previously insisted he's too busy for kids.
But DiCaprio admits he has been dreaming of fatherhood since he lost his grandmother Helene in 2008, because her death made him understand the importance of having a life outside of his movie work. He says, "I definitely feel a need to make my life about more than just my career. I was thinking to myself how little of it has been lived normally as opposed to being spent on some far-off movie location."
"Family is something I'm starting to think about more and more, especially now that my grandmother is no longer around. It makes you think about the impermanence of things and how important it is to be part of a family - to have some meaning apart from your work."
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy