Leonardo DiCaprio Dreams of Having His Own Family
Leonardo DiCaprio realized the importance of family after the death of his grandmother, insisting the tragic loss made him long to have children of his own. The "Titanic" star, who has enjoyed an on/off romance with Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli since 2005, has previously insisted he's too busy for kids.
But DiCaprio admits he has been dreaming of fatherhood since he lost his grandmother Helene in 2008, because her death made him understand the importance of having a life outside of his movie work. He says, "I definitely feel a need to make my life about more than just my career. I was thinking to myself how little of it has been lived normally as opposed to being spent on some far-off movie location."
"Family is something I'm starting to think about more and more, especially now that my grandmother is no longer around. It makes you think about the impermanence of things and how important it is to be part of a family - to have some meaning apart from your work."
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season