Lil Wayne Not Allowed to Sign Autographs in Prison
Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne has reportedly been ordered not to sign any autographs during his time in jail. The hip-hop star was sentenced to a year in prison on weapons possession charges this week and began serving his time at New York's Rikers Island prison on Monday, March 8.
But officials at the institution have instructed the "Lollipop" hitmaker to avoid publicizing his celebrity status while he is in jail and banned him from signing autographs for other inmates, according to TMZ. A representative for the Correction Officer's Benevolent Association tells the website the decision was made because "Lil Wayne is not a celebrity in here."
Beside not allowed to sign any autographs, Lil Wayne was also recently reported that he is not given special treatment in the prison since Correction Department's spokesman Stephen Morello revealed that Weezy never requests for protective custody. He added, "It's his choice."
More Lil Wayne News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie