Lil Wayne Not Allowed to Sign Autographs in Prison
Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne has reportedly been ordered not to sign any autographs during his time in jail. The hip-hop star was sentenced to a year in prison on weapons possession charges this week and began serving his time at New York's Rikers Island prison on Monday, March 8.
But officials at the institution have instructed the "Lollipop" hitmaker to avoid publicizing his celebrity status while he is in jail and banned him from signing autographs for other inmates, according to TMZ. A representative for the Correction Officer's Benevolent Association tells the website the decision was made because "Lil Wayne is not a celebrity in here."
Beside not allowed to sign any autographs, Lil Wayne was also recently reported that he is not given special treatment in the prison since Correction Department's spokesman Stephen Morello revealed that Weezy never requests for protective custody. He added, "It's his choice."
More Lil Wayne News
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester