Lil Wayne Not Allowed to Sign Autographs in Prison
Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne has reportedly been ordered not to sign any autographs during his time in jail. The hip-hop star was sentenced to a year in prison on weapons possession charges this week and began serving his time at New York's Rikers Island prison on Monday, March 8.
But officials at the institution have instructed the "Lollipop" hitmaker to avoid publicizing his celebrity status while he is in jail and banned him from signing autographs for other inmates, according to TMZ. A representative for the Correction Officer's Benevolent Association tells the website the decision was made because "Lil Wayne is not a celebrity in here."
Beside not allowed to sign any autographs, Lil Wayne was also recently reported that he is not given special treatment in the prison since Correction Department's spokesman Stephen Morello revealed that Weezy never requests for protective custody. He added, "It's his choice."
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues