Lil Wayne Not Allowed to Sign Autographs in Prison
Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne has reportedly been ordered not to sign any autographs during his time in jail. The hip-hop star was sentenced to a year in prison on weapons possession charges this week and began serving his time at New York's Rikers Island prison on Monday, March 8.
But officials at the institution have instructed the "Lollipop" hitmaker to avoid publicizing his celebrity status while he is in jail and banned him from signing autographs for other inmates, according to TMZ. A representative for the Correction Officer's Benevolent Association tells the website the decision was made because "Lil Wayne is not a celebrity in here."
Beside not allowed to sign any autographs, Lil Wayne was also recently reported that he is not given special treatment in the prison since Correction Department's spokesman Stephen Morello revealed that Weezy never requests for protective custody. He added, "It's his choice."
More Lil Wayne News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth