Tom Arnold Defends Charlie Sheen From Wrong Allegations
Film funnyman Tom Arnold has defended his pal Charlie Sheen - insisting the star is a "target" for false allegations due to his controversial past. Sheen was arrested on 2009 Christmas Day after a bust-up with wife Brooke Mueller. He was charged with third-degree assault, menacing, and criminal mischief, and is back in court in Colorado on Monday, March 15.
He has since undergone treatment at a recovery facility as a "preventative measure", while his wife also went into rehab. But Arnold, who has battled drink and drugs since he was a teenager and is now celebrating 20 years of sobriety, insists he finds it hard to believe Sheen could be violent towards Mueller.
He tells Larry King, "Addiction - being drunk could lead to violence. It can. I'm not saying it was Charlie. I love Charlie. I know Charlie. I don't believe anything that I've read about what happened with Charlie. You know, I think he's been open about he and his father, about his situation. I know he's worked real hard on it. I've never heard any of the violence attached to it."
"That's the thing. If you're like me, and people know you were once a drug addict - they can Google my name - they can accuse me of anything ... It doesn't matter. You are a target. Charlie Sheen is a very good target."
In 1998, Sheen fell out with his actor father Martin Sheen after he reported the star for violating his parole. Sheen was on two years probation for attacking a girlfriend when he allegedly overdosed after injecting cocaine.
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown