Jennifer Aniston Finds Fake Romance Rumor With Gerard Butler 'Insulting'
Jennifer Aniston has slammed rumors she is pretending to date her "The Bounty Hunter" co-star Gerard Butler in a bid to promote the movie - branding the suggestion "insulting". The pair sparked rumors of a new romance after Butler joined Aniston on vacation in Mexico in February to celebrate her 41st birthday.
And the former Friends actress fueled speculation about their relationship when she pulled Butler in for a close embrace while posing for pictures at the U.K. premiere of their movie on Thursday night, March 11. But Aniston insists she is just good friends with the Scottish star and is fuming over claims she has created a fake relationship with him to publicize "The Bounty Hunter".
Speaking on British TV show GMTV, she says, "They think that if you do a movie together and you get on really well you must be dating ... I think it's a filler, it's fodder, it fills magazines, it has nothing backing it at all. You know there's all this stuff about calculating ... that me and Gerry are in this fake relationship for the press of our movie or the selling of it. It's just so insulting at the same time, but again it's the story ... I'm getting to a better place in understanding that they're just making money."
And speaking on the red carpet at the film premiere, Butler adds, "I went for her birthday to Mexico. But we're just friends. We have a natural chemistry, you can see it in our magazine shoot and the film, we have a great time together."
More Jennifer Aniston News
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors
- Bedroom Romp? Brandi Glanville and Boyfriend Pose Completely Naked in Bed in NSFW Selfie