Corey Haim's Family Asks Fans for Funeral Finance Help
Tragic actor Corey Haim's family members have started an online fund so the dead star can have a proper funeral in his native Toronto, Canada. The "Lost Boys" star, who died of a suspected drug overdose in Los Angeles on Wednesday, March 10, will be flown home and buried in Toronto next week - if his family can afford the costs of shipping and the funeral itself.
And they're asking fans to help. In a post on Haim's website, a family representative writes, "Due to the unexpected expenses of transporting his body to Canada for final resting, a fund has been set up to help." Details of where to send the cash or how to pay online have been listed.
Haim's mother Judy, who came across the troubled star's body and called the emergency services, is listed as the recipient of the cash. Meanwhile, longtime pal and fellow former child star Scott Schwartz has been given the task of selling off Haim's personal belongings on auction website eBay to help pay for the funeral costs.
He says, "There's shirts and jackets, hoodies, his favorite pair of Nikes ... and the jacket he wore in (his last film) 'American Sunset'." In a TV interview earlier this week, Haim's best friend Corey Feldman explained the actor was so broke at the time of his death he "didn't even have a car."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3