Corey Haim's Family Asks Fans for Funeral Finance Help
Tragic actor Corey Haim's family members have started an online fund so the dead star can have a proper funeral in his native Toronto, Canada. The "Lost Boys" star, who died of a suspected drug overdose in Los Angeles on Wednesday, March 10, will be flown home and buried in Toronto next week - if his family can afford the costs of shipping and the funeral itself.
And they're asking fans to help. In a post on Haim's website, a family representative writes, "Due to the unexpected expenses of transporting his body to Canada for final resting, a fund has been set up to help." Details of where to send the cash or how to pay online have been listed.
Haim's mother Judy, who came across the troubled star's body and called the emergency services, is listed as the recipient of the cash. Meanwhile, longtime pal and fellow former child star Scott Schwartz has been given the task of selling off Haim's personal belongings on auction website eBay to help pay for the funeral costs.
He says, "There's shirts and jackets, hoodies, his favorite pair of Nikes ... and the jacket he wore in (his last film) 'American Sunset'." In a TV interview earlier this week, Haim's best friend Corey Feldman explained the actor was so broke at the time of his death he "didn't even have a car."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March