Corey Haim's Family Asks Fans for Funeral Finance Help
Tragic actor Corey Haim's family members have started an online fund so the dead star can have a proper funeral in his native Toronto, Canada. The "Lost Boys" star, who died of a suspected drug overdose in Los Angeles on Wednesday, March 10, will be flown home and buried in Toronto next week - if his family can afford the costs of shipping and the funeral itself.
And they're asking fans to help. In a post on Haim's website, a family representative writes, "Due to the unexpected expenses of transporting his body to Canada for final resting, a fund has been set up to help." Details of where to send the cash or how to pay online have been listed.
Haim's mother Judy, who came across the troubled star's body and called the emergency services, is listed as the recipient of the cash. Meanwhile, longtime pal and fellow former child star Scott Schwartz has been given the task of selling off Haim's personal belongings on auction website eBay to help pay for the funeral costs.
He says, "There's shirts and jackets, hoodies, his favorite pair of Nikes ... and the jacket he wore in (his last film) 'American Sunset'." In a TV interview earlier this week, Haim's best friend Corey Feldman explained the actor was so broke at the time of his death he "didn't even have a car."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce