Corey Haim's Family Asks Fans for Funeral Finance Help
Tragic actor Corey Haim's family members have started an online fund so the dead star can have a proper funeral in his native Toronto, Canada. The "Lost Boys" star, who died of a suspected drug overdose in Los Angeles on Wednesday, March 10, will be flown home and buried in Toronto next week - if his family can afford the costs of shipping and the funeral itself.
And they're asking fans to help. In a post on Haim's website, a family representative writes, "Due to the unexpected expenses of transporting his body to Canada for final resting, a fund has been set up to help." Details of where to send the cash or how to pay online have been listed.
Haim's mother Judy, who came across the troubled star's body and called the emergency services, is listed as the recipient of the cash. Meanwhile, longtime pal and fellow former child star Scott Schwartz has been given the task of selling off Haim's personal belongings on auction website eBay to help pay for the funeral costs.
He says, "There's shirts and jackets, hoodies, his favorite pair of Nikes ... and the jacket he wore in (his last film) 'American Sunset'." In a TV interview earlier this week, Haim's best friend Corey Feldman explained the actor was so broke at the time of his death he "didn't even have a car."
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split