Meat Loaf's New Album Tells the Story of Dying Soldier
Meat Loaf's musical comeback will be based around a concept album about a dying soldier. The rocker will release "Hang Cool Teddy Bear" in May, and he reveals the whole album is about a mysterious military man.
He tells WENN, "It's the story of a soldier. He's been in battle and he's lying face down on the ground. He can't move, but he turns his head and starts to see blood run across the ground, and so he thinks he's going to die. They always say you see your life flash backward when you're about to die. But his life flashes forward - into what possibly could happen. He sees what his life could be: the good and the bad."
"The songs are the different scenarios he finds himself in. It's not always the same time or the same place, but it's always the same woman. But I don't want to give too much away. I want people to work it out for themselves."
The concept album features tracks written by former The Darkness star Justin Hawkins, who is now part of Meat Loaf's band, and guest spots from guitar greats Steve Vai and Brian May and "American Idol" judge Kara DioGuardi, who co-wrote and sings on "If I Can't Have You".
Actors Jack Black and Hugh Laurie also appear on the album - Black duets with Meat Loaf on "Like a Rose", while "House M.D." star Laurie plays piano on "If I Can't Have You".
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle