Meat Loaf's New Album Tells the Story of Dying Soldier
Meat Loaf's musical comeback will be based around a concept album about a dying soldier. The rocker will release "Hang Cool Teddy Bear" in May, and he reveals the whole album is about a mysterious military man.
He tells WENN, "It's the story of a soldier. He's been in battle and he's lying face down on the ground. He can't move, but he turns his head and starts to see blood run across the ground, and so he thinks he's going to die. They always say you see your life flash backward when you're about to die. But his life flashes forward - into what possibly could happen. He sees what his life could be: the good and the bad."
"The songs are the different scenarios he finds himself in. It's not always the same time or the same place, but it's always the same woman. But I don't want to give too much away. I want people to work it out for themselves."
The concept album features tracks written by former The Darkness star Justin Hawkins, who is now part of Meat Loaf's band, and guest spots from guitar greats Steve Vai and Brian May and "American Idol" judge Kara DioGuardi, who co-wrote and sings on "If I Can't Have You".
Actors Jack Black and Hugh Laurie also appear on the album - Black duets with Meat Loaf on "Like a Rose", while "House M.D." star Laurie plays piano on "If I Can't Have You".
More Meat Loaf News
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes