Meat Loaf's New Album Tells the Story of Dying Soldier
Meat Loaf's musical comeback will be based around a concept album about a dying soldier. The rocker will release "Hang Cool Teddy Bear" in May, and he reveals the whole album is about a mysterious military man.
He tells WENN, "It's the story of a soldier. He's been in battle and he's lying face down on the ground. He can't move, but he turns his head and starts to see blood run across the ground, and so he thinks he's going to die. They always say you see your life flash backward when you're about to die. But his life flashes forward - into what possibly could happen. He sees what his life could be: the good and the bad."
"The songs are the different scenarios he finds himself in. It's not always the same time or the same place, but it's always the same woman. But I don't want to give too much away. I want people to work it out for themselves."
The concept album features tracks written by former The Darkness star Justin Hawkins, who is now part of Meat Loaf's band, and guest spots from guitar greats Steve Vai and Brian May and "American Idol" judge Kara DioGuardi, who co-wrote and sings on "If I Can't Have You".
Actors Jack Black and Hugh Laurie also appear on the album - Black duets with Meat Loaf on "Like a Rose", while "House M.D." star Laurie plays piano on "If I Can't Have You".
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture