Activist Arrested for Threatening Elton John's Life
An anti-abortion activist has been arrested after allegedly making threats on Elton John's life. Neal Horsley is being held in the Fulton County jail in Atlanta, Georgia following his arrest on Wednesday, March 10. He was taken into custody by the police fugitive squad and members of the U.S. Marshal's office and charged with making terrorist threats, criminal defamation and using the Internet to disseminate threats, according to the Atlanta-Journal Constitution newspaper.
Horsley, who plans to run for governor of Georgia, was outraged when the singer suggested Jesus Christ was gay in a Parade magazine interview in February, and he wrote an angry online response, entitled "Why Elton John Must Die".
A viral video, which appeared on YouTube, also featured footage of Horsley holding an "Elton John Must Die" sign outside the star's Peachtree Road home in Atlanta. Horsley previously landed in trouble for misusing the Internet in 2002, when a federal appeals court judge ruled his online condemnation of abortion doctors featured illegal threats.
More Elton John News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri