Activist Arrested for Threatening Elton John's Life
An anti-abortion activist has been arrested after allegedly making threats on Elton John's life. Neal Horsley is being held in the Fulton County jail in Atlanta, Georgia following his arrest on Wednesday, March 10. He was taken into custody by the police fugitive squad and members of the U.S. Marshal's office and charged with making terrorist threats, criminal defamation and using the Internet to disseminate threats, according to the Atlanta-Journal Constitution newspaper.
Horsley, who plans to run for governor of Georgia, was outraged when the singer suggested Jesus Christ was gay in a Parade magazine interview in February, and he wrote an angry online response, entitled "Why Elton John Must Die".
A viral video, which appeared on YouTube, also featured footage of Horsley holding an "Elton John Must Die" sign outside the star's Peachtree Road home in Atlanta. Horsley previously landed in trouble for misusing the Internet in 2002, when a federal appeals court judge ruled his online condemnation of abortion doctors featured illegal threats.
More Elton John News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked