Elizabeth Taylor Furious at Criticism Over Kathy Ireland Oscars Behaviour
Elizabeth Taylor has taken to her Twitter blog to defend pal Kathy Ireland from critics who accused the former model of drunken behavior on the red carpet at the Oscars on Sunday, March 7. The reclusive movie veteran was appalled when members of the media attacked the jewelery designer and TV personality for her behavior as the co-host of a pre-Oscars TV special in America.
Ireland appeared to be overwhelmed on the red carpet as she interviewed stars like Zac Efron and Gabourey Sidibe and left many critics questioning her sobriety. But the mum-of-three has assured fans her strange behavior was simply due to the fact she was delighted to be on the red carpet.
In a series of posts on her Twitter page, Ireland writes, "(I) cannot please everyone ... and frankly I wouldn't ever want to. Don't feel embarrassed for me. Had a blast and it was so much FUN! No meds (medication) or alcohol ... just J.O.Y.! Never use drugs and that as a Mom is not a cool or funny suggestion (sic) ... Some say I looked pregnant. LOL (laugh out loud)! Not true ... others say I was drinking ... Just excited to be involved. Grateful."
And now Taylor has weighed in, stating "I heard that some scum magazines, print and internet trashed Kathy Ireland on Oscar Red Carpet night. These rags said, to quote them, 'She was either stoned or drunk and looked pregnant' - what???? They must be the ones on drugs. I have never seen anyone epitomize glamor and grace and professionalism like she did."
Taylor adds, "I am boiling to the point of eruption at the injustice of those statements. When is someone going to stop the yellow press from lashing out at people who no more deserve it than the Dalai Lama!"
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked