Kristen Stewart Proud of Her Coughing Oscars Speech
Kristen Stewart was thrilled with her turn on stage at Sunday's, March 7 Oscars, despite fumbling through her speech - because she's proud she didn't fall over. Stewart presented a montage of horror films with "Twilight" co-star Taylor Lautner and admits she found speaking in front of Hollywood's elite "daunting".
The nervous actress drew criticism for coughing and clearing her throat in the middle of her speech. But she insists her stumble could have been much worse. She explains, "I wouldn't have been able to finish the sentence had I not gone (and cleared my throat)."
"Then I would've gotten more criticism for not being able to speak at the Oscars - which is worse than clearing your throat at the Oscars. It's all good. There are a few things that replay in my head like, oh that happened, why? Why? A lot of it I find funny. The coughing I did find funny. This is going to baffle some people, but I was so proud of myself that night. I didn't fall down or anything!"
More Kristen Stewart News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign