Kristen Stewart Proud of Her Coughing Oscars Speech
Kristen Stewart was thrilled with her turn on stage at Sunday's, March 7 Oscars, despite fumbling through her speech - because she's proud she didn't fall over. Stewart presented a montage of horror films with "Twilight" co-star Taylor Lautner and admits she found speaking in front of Hollywood's elite "daunting".
The nervous actress drew criticism for coughing and clearing her throat in the middle of her speech. But she insists her stumble could have been much worse. She explains, "I wouldn't have been able to finish the sentence had I not gone (and cleared my throat)."
"Then I would've gotten more criticism for not being able to speak at the Oscars - which is worse than clearing your throat at the Oscars. It's all good. There are a few things that replay in my head like, oh that happened, why? Why? A lot of it I find funny. The coughing I did find funny. This is going to baffle some people, but I was so proud of myself that night. I didn't fall down or anything!"
More Kristen Stewart News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season