Kristen Stewart Proud of Her Coughing Oscars Speech
Kristen Stewart was thrilled with her turn on stage at Sunday's, March 7 Oscars, despite fumbling through her speech - because she's proud she didn't fall over. Stewart presented a montage of horror films with "Twilight" co-star Taylor Lautner and admits she found speaking in front of Hollywood's elite "daunting".
The nervous actress drew criticism for coughing and clearing her throat in the middle of her speech. But she insists her stumble could have been much worse. She explains, "I wouldn't have been able to finish the sentence had I not gone (and cleared my throat)."
"Then I would've gotten more criticism for not being able to speak at the Oscars - which is worse than clearing your throat at the Oscars. It's all good. There are a few things that replay in my head like, oh that happened, why? Why? A lot of it I find funny. The coughing I did find funny. This is going to baffle some people, but I was so proud of myself that night. I didn't fall down or anything!"
More Kristen Stewart News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked