Kristen Stewart Proud of Her Coughing Oscars Speech
Kristen Stewart was thrilled with her turn on stage at Sunday's, March 7 Oscars, despite fumbling through her speech - because she's proud she didn't fall over. Stewart presented a montage of horror films with "Twilight" co-star Taylor Lautner and admits she found speaking in front of Hollywood's elite "daunting".
The nervous actress drew criticism for coughing and clearing her throat in the middle of her speech. But she insists her stumble could have been much worse. She explains, "I wouldn't have been able to finish the sentence had I not gone (and cleared my throat)."
"Then I would've gotten more criticism for not being able to speak at the Oscars - which is worse than clearing your throat at the Oscars. It's all good. There are a few things that replay in my head like, oh that happened, why? Why? A lot of it I find funny. The coughing I did find funny. This is going to baffle some people, but I was so proud of myself that night. I didn't fall down or anything!"
More Kristen Stewart News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'