Vera Farmiga Approached by Madonna for 'W.E.' During Tea Break
Madonna signed Vera Farmiga up for her next movie by wooing the actress with an intimate chat over a "cup of tea." The "Material Girl" is set to expand her movie career after making her directorial debut with 2008's "Filth and Wisdom".
She is stepping behind the camera for a second time with a historical drama based on the life of late British royal King Edward VIII, who abdicated in 1936 so he could marry twice-divorced American socialite Wallis Simpson. And Madonna was determined to persuade the "Up in the Air" star to take the role of leading lady in the movie.
Farmiga tells E! Online, "She approached me. We sat for a cup of tea and again for a cup of tea. Hopefully, it will all come together." The actress also admits she agreed to take on the role without having seen any of Madonna's other movie work. She adds, "I'm actually not familiar with her work and I told her this flat out. She sent a couple of films and I still haven't seen them."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences