Vera Farmiga Approached by Madonna for 'W.E.' During Tea Break
Madonna signed Vera Farmiga up for her next movie by wooing the actress with an intimate chat over a "cup of tea." The "Material Girl" is set to expand her movie career after making her directorial debut with 2008's "Filth and Wisdom".
She is stepping behind the camera for a second time with a historical drama based on the life of late British royal King Edward VIII, who abdicated in 1936 so he could marry twice-divorced American socialite Wallis Simpson. And Madonna was determined to persuade the "Up in the Air" star to take the role of leading lady in the movie.
Farmiga tells E! Online, "She approached me. We sat for a cup of tea and again for a cup of tea. Hopefully, it will all come together." The actress also admits she agreed to take on the role without having seen any of Madonna's other movie work. She adds, "I'm actually not familiar with her work and I told her this flat out. She sent a couple of films and I still haven't seen them."
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident