Vera Farmiga Approached by Madonna for 'W.E.' During Tea Break
Madonna signed Vera Farmiga up for her next movie by wooing the actress with an intimate chat over a "cup of tea." The "Material Girl" is set to expand her movie career after making her directorial debut with 2008's "Filth and Wisdom".
She is stepping behind the camera for a second time with a historical drama based on the life of late British royal King Edward VIII, who abdicated in 1936 so he could marry twice-divorced American socialite Wallis Simpson. And Madonna was determined to persuade the "Up in the Air" star to take the role of leading lady in the movie.
Farmiga tells E! Online, "She approached me. We sat for a cup of tea and again for a cup of tea. Hopefully, it will all come together." The actress also admits she agreed to take on the role without having seen any of Madonna's other movie work. She adds, "I'm actually not familiar with her work and I told her this flat out. She sent a couple of films and I still haven't seen them."
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'