Vera Farmiga Approached by Madonna for 'W.E.' During Tea Break
Madonna signed Vera Farmiga up for her next movie by wooing the actress with an intimate chat over a "cup of tea." The "Material Girl" is set to expand her movie career after making her directorial debut with 2008's "Filth and Wisdom".
She is stepping behind the camera for a second time with a historical drama based on the life of late British royal King Edward VIII, who abdicated in 1936 so he could marry twice-divorced American socialite Wallis Simpson. And Madonna was determined to persuade the "Up in the Air" star to take the role of leading lady in the movie.
Farmiga tells E! Online, "She approached me. We sat for a cup of tea and again for a cup of tea. Hopefully, it will all come together." The actress also admits she agreed to take on the role without having seen any of Madonna's other movie work. She adds, "I'm actually not familiar with her work and I told her this flat out. She sent a couple of films and I still haven't seen them."
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens