Corey Haim's Agent Thought Drugs Didn't Kill the Star
Corey Haim's agent has cast doubt on reports the former child star died of an accidental overdose, insisting the actor was winning his battle with drugs. The 38-year-old "Lost Boys" star was pronounced dead at a Burbank, California hospital on Wednesday, March 10 morning after his mother found the actor unresponsive at her home in Los Angeles.
But Mark Heaslip, who spent the last year and a half working with Haim, isn't convinced by reports alleging drugs killed the star. Heaslip tells People.com, "I really don't think it was an overdose. He was doing really well. He did struggle with substance abuse, but I've repped him for a year-and-a-half and part of my agreement with him was that he had to be clean. That was the number one priority."
Heaslip reveals Haim had been in bed with a fever in the hours before his death. He recalls, "(His temperature) was 99 degrees and it jumped up to 101. We had his doctor come over and take his temperature. She said he actually looked very good."
"(At one point) he woke up his mom and said, 'Mom, can you please come and lie next to me, I'm not feeling very good.' He woke up again (later) and said he was having problems breathing. But it wasn't very severe problems breathing. She thought he was sick."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen