Peter Andre Thought About Committing Suicide Post Split From Katie Price
Australian pop star Peter Andre considered suicide after his split from Katie Price in 2009 because the couple's acrimonious break-up left him suffering panic attacks. The pair married in 2005 and became parents to two children, Junior and Princess Tiaamii, as well as Price's son Harvey from a previous relationship.
The marriage broke down in 2009 and their divorce was granted in September the same year, but the split led to a bitter war of words between the former couple in the British press. Andre admits he suffered crippling panic attacks after their relationship ended, and even considered taking his own life following one terrifying episode - but the thought of his children saved him from the desperate act.
He tells Britain's OK! magazine, "I woke up at 3 A.M. and I felt a hammering in my head. I started panicking and hyperventilating, my hands were sweating and I thought my heart was going to pop out of my body. You think you're having a heart attack. No matter how many times you've had it, every time you think, this is it, I'm going to die."
"Did I think about ending my life? You can have thoughts like that and I'm not going to lie, there were times when it was so bad that I thought, 'Am I better off?' But you have to look at what's around you. My family were my entire life and that's what stopped me."
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle