Peter Andre Thought About Committing Suicide Post Split From Katie Price
Australian pop star Peter Andre considered suicide after his split from Katie Price in 2009 because the couple's acrimonious break-up left him suffering panic attacks. The pair married in 2005 and became parents to two children, Junior and Princess Tiaamii, as well as Price's son Harvey from a previous relationship.
The marriage broke down in 2009 and their divorce was granted in September the same year, but the split led to a bitter war of words between the former couple in the British press. Andre admits he suffered crippling panic attacks after their relationship ended, and even considered taking his own life following one terrifying episode - but the thought of his children saved him from the desperate act.
He tells Britain's OK! magazine, "I woke up at 3 A.M. and I felt a hammering in my head. I started panicking and hyperventilating, my hands were sweating and I thought my heart was going to pop out of my body. You think you're having a heart attack. No matter how many times you've had it, every time you think, this is it, I'm going to die."
"Did I think about ending my life? You can have thoughts like that and I'm not going to lie, there were times when it was so bad that I thought, 'Am I better off?' But you have to look at what's around you. My family were my entire life and that's what stopped me."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences