Akon Flies to India to Record Bollywood Film's Track
R&B star Akon is following in the footsteps of Snoop Dogg - he's recording a track for a Bollywood film. Rapper Snoop, real name Calvin Broadus, recorded a song for Indian film "Singh is Kinng" in 2008.
Now "Smack That" hitmaker Akon has followed suit by contributing a track for movie "RA. One" - he will sing in the local Hindi language and has offered his services for free. Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan, who appears in the film, says, "He (Akon) is a gracious person. He will record a song in Hindi and will also feature in the video. He has flown with his family, friends and team of musicians (to Mumbai, India)."
Akon is also keen to continue working in the country, adding "India is my next focus area. I want to try different things, want to explore ... want to enjoy my work. We have the same kind of entertainment, the only difference is of tradition and language."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal