Akon Flies to India to Record Bollywood Film's Track
R&B star Akon is following in the footsteps of Snoop Dogg - he's recording a track for a Bollywood film. Rapper Snoop, real name Calvin Broadus, recorded a song for Indian film "Singh is Kinng" in 2008.
Now "Smack That" hitmaker Akon has followed suit by contributing a track for movie "RA. One" - he will sing in the local Hindi language and has offered his services for free. Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan, who appears in the film, says, "He (Akon) is a gracious person. He will record a song in Hindi and will also feature in the video. He has flown with his family, friends and team of musicians (to Mumbai, India)."
Akon is also keen to continue working in the country, adding "India is my next focus area. I want to try different things, want to explore ... want to enjoy my work. We have the same kind of entertainment, the only difference is of tradition and language."
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars