Akon Flies to India to Record Bollywood Film's Track
R&B star Akon is following in the footsteps of Snoop Dogg - he's recording a track for a Bollywood film. Rapper Snoop, real name Calvin Broadus, recorded a song for Indian film "Singh is Kinng" in 2008.
Now "Smack That" hitmaker Akon has followed suit by contributing a track for movie "RA. One" - he will sing in the local Hindi language and has offered his services for free. Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan, who appears in the film, says, "He (Akon) is a gracious person. He will record a song in Hindi and will also feature in the video. He has flown with his family, friends and team of musicians (to Mumbai, India)."
Akon is also keen to continue working in the country, adding "India is my next focus area. I want to try different things, want to explore ... want to enjoy my work. We have the same kind of entertainment, the only difference is of tradition and language."
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest