Akon Flies to India to Record Bollywood Film's Track
R&B star Akon is following in the footsteps of Snoop Dogg - he's recording a track for a Bollywood film. Rapper Snoop, real name Calvin Broadus, recorded a song for Indian film "Singh is Kinng" in 2008.
Now "Smack That" hitmaker Akon has followed suit by contributing a track for movie "RA. One" - he will sing in the local Hindi language and has offered his services for free. Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan, who appears in the film, says, "He (Akon) is a gracious person. He will record a song in Hindi and will also feature in the video. He has flown with his family, friends and team of musicians (to Mumbai, India)."
Akon is also keen to continue working in the country, adding "India is my next focus area. I want to try different things, want to explore ... want to enjoy my work. We have the same kind of entertainment, the only difference is of tradition and language."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'