Akon Flies to India to Record Bollywood Film's Track
R&B star Akon is following in the footsteps of Snoop Dogg - he's recording a track for a Bollywood film. Rapper Snoop, real name Calvin Broadus, recorded a song for Indian film "Singh is Kinng" in 2008.
Now "Smack That" hitmaker Akon has followed suit by contributing a track for movie "RA. One" - he will sing in the local Hindi language and has offered his services for free. Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan, who appears in the film, says, "He (Akon) is a gracious person. He will record a song in Hindi and will also feature in the video. He has flown with his family, friends and team of musicians (to Mumbai, India)."
Akon is also keen to continue working in the country, adding "India is my next focus area. I want to try different things, want to explore ... want to enjoy my work. We have the same kind of entertainment, the only difference is of tradition and language."
- Officially Back On? Kylie Jenner Tags Tyga on Her Booty In This Instagram Photo
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?