Helped by Daughter, Madonna Will Launch Fashion Line
Madonna has teamed up with her teenage daughter to create a fashion line for young women. The pop superstar is launching her own style empire, called MG Icon, and she is making her first venture, a juniors line, a family affair by inviting 13-year-old Lourdes to help her create the designs.
The Material Girl brand will hit shelves at U.S. department store chain Macy's in August and will include clothing, footwear and accessories. Madonna will add beauty and fragrance products to the Material Girl range in 2011.
A statement from Madonna reads, "Joining forces with (clothing makers) Iconix to bring my fashion ideas to consumers is very exciting for me. I look forward to working ... to create and translate my vision and ideas for MG Icon."
Madonna has previously designed a 2007 fashion line for high street retailer H&M. She was due to team up with Los Angeles-based fashion mogul Christian Audigier in 2009 but pulled out of plans at the last minute.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'