Helped by Daughter, Madonna Will Launch Fashion Line
Madonna has teamed up with her teenage daughter to create a fashion line for young women. The pop superstar is launching her own style empire, called MG Icon, and she is making her first venture, a juniors line, a family affair by inviting 13-year-old Lourdes to help her create the designs.
The Material Girl brand will hit shelves at U.S. department store chain Macy's in August and will include clothing, footwear and accessories. Madonna will add beauty and fragrance products to the Material Girl range in 2011.
A statement from Madonna reads, "Joining forces with (clothing makers) Iconix to bring my fashion ideas to consumers is very exciting for me. I look forward to working ... to create and translate my vision and ideas for MG Icon."
Madonna has previously designed a 2007 fashion line for high street retailer H&M. She was due to team up with Los Angeles-based fashion mogul Christian Audigier in 2009 but pulled out of plans at the last minute.
More Madonna News
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Calvin Harris Shares Track List of New Album, Teases New Video With Katy Perry and Pharrell
- Report: Chris Brown and Quavo's Feud Is Far From Over
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Gets TV Premiere Date. See New Stunning Poster!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise': DeMario Details Wild Night With Corinne in First Interview Post-Scandal
- Remy Ma 'Ecstatic' After Breaking Nicki Minaj's Winning Streak at BET Awards
- 'Castle Rock' Casts Jane Levy and Sissy Spacek
- Danielle Panabaker and Hayes Robbins Tie the Knot - See the Pic