Helped by Daughter, Madonna Will Launch Fashion Line
Madonna has teamed up with her teenage daughter to create a fashion line for young women. The pop superstar is launching her own style empire, called MG Icon, and she is making her first venture, a juniors line, a family affair by inviting 13-year-old Lourdes to help her create the designs.
The Material Girl brand will hit shelves at U.S. department store chain Macy's in August and will include clothing, footwear and accessories. Madonna will add beauty and fragrance products to the Material Girl range in 2011.
A statement from Madonna reads, "Joining forces with (clothing makers) Iconix to bring my fashion ideas to consumers is very exciting for me. I look forward to working ... to create and translate my vision and ideas for MG Icon."
Madonna has previously designed a 2007 fashion line for high street retailer H&M. She was due to team up with Los Angeles-based fashion mogul Christian Audigier in 2009 but pulled out of plans at the last minute.
More Madonna News
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kelly Ripa Will Announce New 'Live!' Co-Host on Monday
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC