Helped by Daughter, Madonna Will Launch Fashion Line
Madonna has teamed up with her teenage daughter to create a fashion line for young women. The pop superstar is launching her own style empire, called MG Icon, and she is making her first venture, a juniors line, a family affair by inviting 13-year-old Lourdes to help her create the designs.
The Material Girl brand will hit shelves at U.S. department store chain Macy's in August and will include clothing, footwear and accessories. Madonna will add beauty and fragrance products to the Material Girl range in 2011.
A statement from Madonna reads, "Joining forces with (clothing makers) Iconix to bring my fashion ideas to consumers is very exciting for me. I look forward to working ... to create and translate my vision and ideas for MG Icon."
Madonna has previously designed a 2007 fashion line for high street retailer H&M. She was due to team up with Los Angeles-based fashion mogul Christian Audigier in 2009 but pulled out of plans at the last minute.
More Madonna News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'