Helped by Daughter, Madonna Will Launch Fashion Line
Madonna has teamed up with her teenage daughter to create a fashion line for young women. The pop superstar is launching her own style empire, called MG Icon, and she is making her first venture, a juniors line, a family affair by inviting 13-year-old Lourdes to help her create the designs.
The Material Girl brand will hit shelves at U.S. department store chain Macy's in August and will include clothing, footwear and accessories. Madonna will add beauty and fragrance products to the Material Girl range in 2011.
A statement from Madonna reads, "Joining forces with (clothing makers) Iconix to bring my fashion ideas to consumers is very exciting for me. I look forward to working ... to create and translate my vision and ideas for MG Icon."
Madonna has previously designed a 2007 fashion line for high street retailer H&M. She was due to team up with Los Angeles-based fashion mogul Christian Audigier in 2009 but pulled out of plans at the last minute.
More Madonna News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'