Mum Backs Lindsay Lohan for Advert Legal Battle
Lindsay Lohan's mum Dina Lohan has backed her daughter's multi-million dollar legal battle over an advert which allegedly used the actress' name and poked fun at her personal problems - branding the commercial "horrible" and "mean". The "Mean Girls" star is seeking $100 million in damages and compensation in connection with the promo for financial firm E-Trade, which depicts a baby girl called Lindsay as a boyfriend stealer and a "milkaholic".
Lohan filed a lawsuit on Monday, March 8 at Nassau County Supreme Court over the advert, which debuted on U.S. TV during the Super Bowl in February. The star's lawyer, Stephanie Ovadia, alleges company bosses used Lohan's "name and characterization" without paying her or asking for her approval, thus violating her rights, while chiefs at the advertising firm behind the commercial claim they chose the name Lindsay at random.
And now Dina has defended her daughter's decision to sue, insisting the advert reduced the actress to tears during the Super Bowl celebrations. Dina claims the 23-year-old called her after the Super Bowl "extremely upset", telling The New York Post, "She said, 'Mommy, help me. This is wrong. How can they do this?' "
Lohan's mother is adamant the commercial was aimed at her daughter - insisting the name Lindsay has as much recognition as other single-word monikers, used by stars such as Madonna and Cher. She adds, "They're little babies doing this, mocking another child who's just trying to survive Hollywood, basically. I'm just basically glad I took a stand. I'm not going to let them do this to us anymore. Everyone knows Lindsay, like Cher or Madonna." Lohan is seeking $50 million in exemplary damages, as well as $50 million in compensation.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri