Molly Ringwald to Make Music Comeback With New Jazz Album
"The Breakfast Club" star Molly Ringwald has recorded a new jazz album - 36 years after her last release. The 42-year-old actress recorded her debut, "I Wanna Be Loved by You", when she was just six and she completed work on her follow-up on Saturday night, March 6 - hours before she took the stage at the Oscars for a touching tribute to moviemaker John Hughes.
She tells WENN, "I'm really excited about it. I haven't come up with a name yet but it's with my quintet that I've been performing with a lot in the Los Angeles area." The actress is also branching out as a writer - she'll be releasing a new book, "Getting the Pretty Back", about motherhood, diet and turning 40, in May.
And she hopes the project will lead to yet another new career. She adds, "Maybe I'll have my own cooking show one day!"
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans