Molly Ringwald to Make Music Comeback With New Jazz Album
"The Breakfast Club" star Molly Ringwald has recorded a new jazz album - 36 years after her last release. The 42-year-old actress recorded her debut, "I Wanna Be Loved by You", when she was just six and she completed work on her follow-up on Saturday night, March 6 - hours before she took the stage at the Oscars for a touching tribute to moviemaker John Hughes.
She tells WENN, "I'm really excited about it. I haven't come up with a name yet but it's with my quintet that I've been performing with a lot in the Los Angeles area." The actress is also branching out as a writer - she'll be releasing a new book, "Getting the Pretty Back", about motherhood, diet and turning 40, in May.
And she hopes the project will lead to yet another new career. She adds, "Maybe I'll have my own cooking show one day!"
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'