Molly Ringwald to Make Music Comeback With New Jazz Album
"The Breakfast Club" star Molly Ringwald has recorded a new jazz album - 36 years after her last release. The 42-year-old actress recorded her debut, "I Wanna Be Loved by You", when she was just six and she completed work on her follow-up on Saturday night, March 6 - hours before she took the stage at the Oscars for a touching tribute to moviemaker John Hughes.
She tells WENN, "I'm really excited about it. I haven't come up with a name yet but it's with my quintet that I've been performing with a lot in the Los Angeles area." The actress is also branching out as a writer - she'll be releasing a new book, "Getting the Pretty Back", about motherhood, diet and turning 40, in May.
And she hopes the project will lead to yet another new career. She adds, "Maybe I'll have my own cooking show one day!"
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story