Molly Ringwald to Make Music Comeback With New Jazz Album
"The Breakfast Club" star Molly Ringwald has recorded a new jazz album - 36 years after her last release. The 42-year-old actress recorded her debut, "I Wanna Be Loved by You", when she was just six and she completed work on her follow-up on Saturday night, March 6 - hours before she took the stage at the Oscars for a touching tribute to moviemaker John Hughes.
She tells WENN, "I'm really excited about it. I haven't come up with a name yet but it's with my quintet that I've been performing with a lot in the Los Angeles area." The actress is also branching out as a writer - she'll be releasing a new book, "Getting the Pretty Back", about motherhood, diet and turning 40, in May.
And she hopes the project will lead to yet another new career. She adds, "Maybe I'll have my own cooking show one day!"
More Molly Ringwald News
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet