Robin Antin Is Certain Pussycat Dolls' New Line-Up Will Be Stronger
The Pussycat Dolls' creator Robin Antin is convinced the band will continue to thrive with a new line-up - insisting the departure of Kimberly Wyatt and Ashley Roberts won't impact the group's success. The famed choreographer created The Pussycat Dolls in 1995 as a burlesque dance troupe based in Los Angeles, with temporary members including Christina Applegate and Carmen Electra, and guest stars including Christina Aguilera.
The group was transformed into a band in 2003 when Nicole Scherzinger was hired as lead singer, and they launched their debut album in 2005. The band has been marred by line-up changes and rumors of tension between members over the years, and now just Scherzinger and Melody Thornton remain, following the departure of Jessica Sutta in January, and Ashley Roberts and Kimberly Wyatt in February.
Antin has announced they will be hiring new members to complete the line-up and she's convinced the changes will make the band stronger. She tells celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, "For the past fifteen years there have been many amazing versions of The Pussycat Dolls. We began with Christina Applegate and Carmen Electra sharing the stage with many talented women, many of whom went on to pursue dreams of their own. And today is no different."
"Some of the girls who have shared the stage and spotlight with Nicole are ready to begin artistic journeys of their own and I support them completely. And so, too, must I keep moving forward. I am happy to announce the creation of a new Pussycat Dolls, with Nicole Scherzinger continuing on as lead singer."
"We hope all our fans will join us on a journey that will prove to be a once-in-a-lifetime dream for many girls around the world. So .. get ready for the new, hot, sexy, talented Pussycat Dolls!"
- Selena Gomez Has Lunch Date With The Weeknd After Celebrating Birthday Without Him
- Newlyweds Kate Mara and Jamie Bell Flaunt Wedding Rings in Cute Pic
- 'Game of Thrones' 7.03 Preview: Jon Snow Meets Daenerys
- Jay-Z Spends Second Week Atop Billboard 200 With '4:44', French Montana Debuts at No. 3
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park