Robin Antin Is Certain Pussycat Dolls' New Line-Up Will Be Stronger
The Pussycat Dolls' creator Robin Antin is convinced the band will continue to thrive with a new line-up - insisting the departure of Kimberly Wyatt and Ashley Roberts won't impact the group's success. The famed choreographer created The Pussycat Dolls in 1995 as a burlesque dance troupe based in Los Angeles, with temporary members including Christina Applegate and Carmen Electra, and guest stars including Christina Aguilera.
The group was transformed into a band in 2003 when Nicole Scherzinger was hired as lead singer, and they launched their debut album in 2005. The band has been marred by line-up changes and rumors of tension between members over the years, and now just Scherzinger and Melody Thornton remain, following the departure of Jessica Sutta in January, and Ashley Roberts and Kimberly Wyatt in February.
Antin has announced they will be hiring new members to complete the line-up and she's convinced the changes will make the band stronger. She tells celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, "For the past fifteen years there have been many amazing versions of The Pussycat Dolls. We began with Christina Applegate and Carmen Electra sharing the stage with many talented women, many of whom went on to pursue dreams of their own. And today is no different."
"Some of the girls who have shared the stage and spotlight with Nicole are ready to begin artistic journeys of their own and I support them completely. And so, too, must I keep moving forward. I am happy to announce the creation of a new Pussycat Dolls, with Nicole Scherzinger continuing on as lead singer."
"We hope all our fans will join us on a journey that will prove to be a once-in-a-lifetime dream for many girls around the world. So .. get ready for the new, hot, sexy, talented Pussycat Dolls!"
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign