DMX Taken Into Custody for Using Illegal Drugs
Rapper DMX has been arrested in Arizona, according to a new report. The star was taken into custody after allegedly violating the terms of his probation by using illegal drugs - and now his lawyer has issued a public plea for help to TV drug counselor Dr. Drew Pinsky.
DMX's attorney Gary Jenkins tells TMZ, "He's been battling addiction for some time and he's in need of treatment. We're hoping that maybe Dr. Drew might be able to help him. He's a talented man ... We're praying for him."
DMX spent time in jail in 2009 on charges of drug possession, animal cruelty and theft, stemming from various arrests in 2008. After his release in May 2009 he was sentenced to 18 months probation for verbally threatening a guard during his stint in prison.
More DMX News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal