Robert De Niro Tapped to Play in Vince Lombardi Biopic
Robert De Niro is the frontrunner to portray American football great Vince Lombardi in a new sports movie. The actor has been tapped to play the legendary football coach in a biopic being developed by ESPN Films and the National Football League, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Revered screenwriter Eric Roth is working on the script for Lombardi. The coach is considered one of the sport's greatest after turning the fortunes of the Green Bay Packers around in the 1960s and winning five championships in nine years.
Lombardi died in 1970. Charles Coplin, the NFL's vice-president of programming, tells the publication, "There are few actors who could accurately portray the fire, passion and grit of Lombardi, and we're thrilled to have Robert De Niro on our team."
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie