Robbie Williams Lands in Hot Water for Praising Weed
British pop star Robbie Williams has come under fire from campaigners for championing marijuana as a "lovely" drug. The "Millennium" hitmaker, who has struggled with substance abuse problems in the past, admitted he gained several pounds while smoking cannabis, but branded the drug "lovely".
He said, "Weed, it's such a lovely drug. It is such a lovely drug. But it doesn't mix well with me at all. It doesn't take much to trigger - I mean, I'll get psychosis from having this cup of tea! Seriously. The caffeine in that's enough. But it's just a shame about the weed, because I did love it."
But anti-drugs activist Debra Bell has taken exception to the remarks, insisting the singer's comments are irresponsible. She says, "Does he really know what he's saying? This drug causes huge damage to children and their families."
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21