Robbie Williams Lands in Hot Water for Praising Weed
British pop star Robbie Williams has come under fire from campaigners for championing marijuana as a "lovely" drug. The "Millennium" hitmaker, who has struggled with substance abuse problems in the past, admitted he gained several pounds while smoking cannabis, but branded the drug "lovely".
He said, "Weed, it's such a lovely drug. It is such a lovely drug. But it doesn't mix well with me at all. It doesn't take much to trigger - I mean, I'll get psychosis from having this cup of tea! Seriously. The caffeine in that's enough. But it's just a shame about the weed, because I did love it."
But anti-drugs activist Debra Bell has taken exception to the remarks, insisting the singer's comments are irresponsible. She says, "Does he really know what he's saying? This drug causes huge damage to children and their families."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding