Robbie Williams Lands in Hot Water for Praising Weed
British pop star Robbie Williams has come under fire from campaigners for championing marijuana as a "lovely" drug. The "Millennium" hitmaker, who has struggled with substance abuse problems in the past, admitted he gained several pounds while smoking cannabis, but branded the drug "lovely".
He said, "Weed, it's such a lovely drug. It is such a lovely drug. But it doesn't mix well with me at all. It doesn't take much to trigger - I mean, I'll get psychosis from having this cup of tea! Seriously. The caffeine in that's enough. But it's just a shame about the weed, because I did love it."
But anti-drugs activist Debra Bell has taken exception to the remarks, insisting the singer's comments are irresponsible. She says, "Does he really know what he's saying? This drug causes huge damage to children and their families."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media