Marie Osmond Delivered Emotional Speech on Her Son's Funeral
An emotional Marie Osmond paid tribute to her adopted son and his birth mother as the teen was laid to rest on Monday, March 8. The singer has been in mourning since 18-year-old Michael Blosil, the son she adopted with ex-husband Brian Blosil, was found dead outside his Los Angeles apartment on February 26 in an apparent suicide.
She hadn't planned to speak at Michael's funeral, held at Utah's Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Chapel, but was so moved by the outpouring of support, she addressed the congregation to express her gratitude. Osmond told the crowd, "I'd just like to say thank you to everybody. As you see I have amazing support from great men, my family, my brothers. God was very wise when he put me into a family with honorable men because they have served as examples for my children."
"I'm so proud of each and every one of you. I'm proud of my son and I honor his birth mother who's here today, who gave me the greatest gift. Thank you for those beautiful 18 years."
She then joined all of her brothers in performing the hymn "God Be with You Till We Meet Again", reports People.com. Her closing sentiments came after her children fondly remembered their older brother.
A teary Donny Osmond also stood to speak, adding, "Bless my sister. Bless my sister and her family. May she feel my love and my comfort." Michael was interred at a local cemetery after the funeral.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard