Jeremy Renner Struggled With His Love Relationship While on Movie Set
Jeremy Renner's long-distance romance wilted while he was filming "The Hurt Locker" in Jordan - the desert temperatures were so brutal, the star couldn't bear to talk to his girlfriend on the phone. The actor struggled in the searing desert heat during the three months he spent filming the gritty war drama, which scooped six Oscars on Sunday, March 7.
And Renner was so exhausted after daily shoots, he didn't have the energy to call his lover back home. He recalls, "I was in a relationship at the time and, oh my goodness, it was torture. The time difference made it really hard. At the end of the day, all I wanted to do was go to bed, so I could have the energy to get up and do it all again the next morning."
"To sit down and try to sustain a relationship and talk about - I dunno - 'What did you do today? Oh, you went to the grocery store and you painted your toenails?' I mean, I don't care! I'm sorry, but I don't give a flying f**k! I'm trying to hold it together out here!"
The actor, who took his mum to the Oscars, is now single - and he is in no rush to find love again: "It's a good time to be single. I don't have time for anybody. The tragic side to all this is that it's a very selfish time, and it kind of has to be, and that's OK."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie