Andrew Koenig Remembered by Family and Friends at Memorial Service
Tragic "Growing Pains" star Andrew Koenig's life was celebrated by family and friends at an emotional memorial service on Saturday, March 6. Former "Star Trek" actor Walter Koenig and his wife Judy invited approximately 100 loved ones to the Inn of the Seventh Ray in Topanga Canyon, California, where they held a private ceremony for their son.
The 41-year-old actor was found dead in a Canadian park in an apparent suicide last month, February 10, after going missing. Walter's rep David Moss tells E! News, "It was a celebration of life. All of the family was there and a lot of his actor friends and filmmakers flew down and joined in. It was not all happiness, I must say. There was a lot of sadness, but there were some very nice high points."
Walter and Judy opted not to speak, but their daughter Danielle and her husband, comedian Jimmy Pardo, showed a 10-minute film they'd made about Andrew's life. Moss adds, "It was tough for them (Walter and Judy) but there was some closure, and I think that was important."
The Koenig family has not yet confirmed where the former child star's remains will be interred.
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies