Andrew Koenig Remembered by Family and Friends at Memorial Service
Tragic "Growing Pains" star Andrew Koenig's life was celebrated by family and friends at an emotional memorial service on Saturday, March 6. Former "Star Trek" actor Walter Koenig and his wife Judy invited approximately 100 loved ones to the Inn of the Seventh Ray in Topanga Canyon, California, where they held a private ceremony for their son.
The 41-year-old actor was found dead in a Canadian park in an apparent suicide last month, February 10, after going missing. Walter's rep David Moss tells E! News, "It was a celebration of life. All of the family was there and a lot of his actor friends and filmmakers flew down and joined in. It was not all happiness, I must say. There was a lot of sadness, but there were some very nice high points."
Walter and Judy opted not to speak, but their daughter Danielle and her husband, comedian Jimmy Pardo, showed a 10-minute film they'd made about Andrew's life. Moss adds, "It was tough for them (Walter and Judy) but there was some closure, and I think that was important."
The Koenig family has not yet confirmed where the former child star's remains will be interred.
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection