Jason Derulo: Lady GaGa Calls Me Special
Hitmaker Jason Derulo has found a pop mentor in Lady GaGa after she took him aside before a tour date and told him he was "special". The singer recently completed his first tour as the "Poker Face" star's support act - and he insists he couldn't have had a better starting point and a better person to hit the road with.
He tells WENN, "She said some really cool words to me. She looked into my eyes and said, 'Jason, I've met a lot of talented people and seen a lot of talented people but I just wanted to let you know that you're special and you're a star.' That meant a lot coming from her."
But, now the tour's over, DeRulo fears he'll never be able to match the experience again, "It was awesome. I played in front of thousands and thousands of people every day and made new fans and it was my first time on a tour bus too."
"It was not a low budget tour. It was really upscale and at some shows Lady GaGa had goldfish swimming in a pond. It was nicely decorated backstage and the catering was always really good. I'm used to just like a lunchroom and she had the kitchen with all these fancy tablecloths and nice plates."
More Jason Derulo News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'