Jason Derulo: Lady GaGa Calls Me Special
Hitmaker Jason Derulo has found a pop mentor in Lady GaGa after she took him aside before a tour date and told him he was "special". The singer recently completed his first tour as the "Poker Face" star's support act - and he insists he couldn't have had a better starting point and a better person to hit the road with.
He tells WENN, "She said some really cool words to me. She looked into my eyes and said, 'Jason, I've met a lot of talented people and seen a lot of talented people but I just wanted to let you know that you're special and you're a star.' That meant a lot coming from her."
But, now the tour's over, DeRulo fears he'll never be able to match the experience again, "It was awesome. I played in front of thousands and thousands of people every day and made new fans and it was my first time on a tour bus too."
"It was not a low budget tour. It was really upscale and at some shows Lady GaGa had goldfish swimming in a pond. It was nicely decorated backstage and the catering was always really good. I'm used to just like a lunchroom and she had the kitchen with all these fancy tablecloths and nice plates."
More Jason Derulo News
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet