Jason Derulo: Lady GaGa Calls Me Special
Hitmaker Jason Derulo has found a pop mentor in Lady GaGa after she took him aside before a tour date and told him he was "special". The singer recently completed his first tour as the "Poker Face" star's support act - and he insists he couldn't have had a better starting point and a better person to hit the road with.
He tells WENN, "She said some really cool words to me. She looked into my eyes and said, 'Jason, I've met a lot of talented people and seen a lot of talented people but I just wanted to let you know that you're special and you're a star.' That meant a lot coming from her."
But, now the tour's over, DeRulo fears he'll never be able to match the experience again, "It was awesome. I played in front of thousands and thousands of people every day and made new fans and it was my first time on a tour bus too."
"It was not a low budget tour. It was really upscale and at some shows Lady GaGa had goldfish swimming in a pond. It was nicely decorated backstage and the catering was always really good. I'm used to just like a lunchroom and she had the kitchen with all these fancy tablecloths and nice plates."
More Jason Derulo News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media