Jason Derulo: Lady GaGa Calls Me Special
Hitmaker Jason Derulo has found a pop mentor in Lady GaGa after she took him aside before a tour date and told him he was "special". The singer recently completed his first tour as the "Poker Face" star's support act - and he insists he couldn't have had a better starting point and a better person to hit the road with.
He tells WENN, "She said some really cool words to me. She looked into my eyes and said, 'Jason, I've met a lot of talented people and seen a lot of talented people but I just wanted to let you know that you're special and you're a star.' That meant a lot coming from her."
But, now the tour's over, DeRulo fears he'll never be able to match the experience again, "It was awesome. I played in front of thousands and thousands of people every day and made new fans and it was my first time on a tour bus too."
"It was not a low budget tour. It was really upscale and at some shows Lady GaGa had goldfish swimming in a pond. It was nicely decorated backstage and the catering was always really good. I'm used to just like a lunchroom and she had the kitchen with all these fancy tablecloths and nice plates."
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch