Mo'Nique Granted With Hattie McDaniels' Gardenia
The gardenia Mo'Nique wore in her hair at the Oscars on Sunday, March 7 was a very special gift from a close friend of "Gone With the Wind" star Hattie McDaniels' family. The actress/comedienne started thinking her Academy Awards win was destined when the flower arrived in the post as she was getting ready for her big night in Hollywood.
She says, "Something really strange happened - as I'm going through hair and make-up, someone knocked on our door ... There's a letter and there's the gardenia flower. The letter is from a woman I've never met before, who is friends with Hattie McDaniels' family members. It blew me away."
Mo'Nique paid tribute to McDaniels, the first African-American Oscar winner, in her Best Supporting Actress acceptance speech, and claims the dead star was with her throughout the ceremony. In a post-Oscars chat with Oprah Winfrey, who co-produced her film "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", the actress explained, "I could hear her whispering in my ear."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns