Mo'Nique Granted With Hattie McDaniels' Gardenia
The gardenia Mo'Nique wore in her hair at the Oscars on Sunday, March 7 was a very special gift from a close friend of "Gone With the Wind" star Hattie McDaniels' family. The actress/comedienne started thinking her Academy Awards win was destined when the flower arrived in the post as she was getting ready for her big night in Hollywood.
She says, "Something really strange happened - as I'm going through hair and make-up, someone knocked on our door ... There's a letter and there's the gardenia flower. The letter is from a woman I've never met before, who is friends with Hattie McDaniels' family members. It blew me away."
Mo'Nique paid tribute to McDaniels, the first African-American Oscar winner, in her Best Supporting Actress acceptance speech, and claims the dead star was with her throughout the ceremony. In a post-Oscars chat with Oprah Winfrey, who co-produced her film "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", the actress explained, "I could hear her whispering in my ear."
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover