Katy Perry Had an Embarrassing Moment at Oscars
Singer Katy Perry was left red-faced at the Oscars - after her boyfriend Russell Brand chastised her for swearing on live TV. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker blurted out an expletive on the red carpet as she left the Academy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday night, March 7.
But she was unaware the late-night interview for British show "GMTV" was being broadcast live in the U.K. at 7.45 A.M. local time. The couple was talking to a "GMTV" 's journalist when Brand was asked about his favorite moment of the evening and jokingly claimed he had seen dwarfs attending the event.
A giggling Perry replied, "I call him on his bulls**t" - and Brand appeared shocked by Perry's remark, telling her, "Don't swear. It's morning in England." Perry had earlier told followers of her Twitter blog that she was enjoying the hospitality at the Oscars, writing "I'm drunk! .. And it's only pre show!"
And she appeared to be feeling embarrassed following her four-letter blunder - after the slip, she tweeted, "Hi 2010, teleporting would be a nice invention now."
More Katy Perry News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group