Barbara Walters Regrets Asking Ricky Martin's Sexuality
Veteran broadcaster Barbara Walters regrets trying to force Ricky Martin to open up about his sexuality in a 2000 interview, because the question may have ended his career. Walters sat down with the "Livin' La Vida Loca" hitmaker at the height of his career and demanded to know if he is gay - and now admits it is the one interview she regrets in her lengthy career.
And she fears the "inappropriate" questioning may have had an affect on Martin's pop career. She tells the Toronto Star, "In 2000, I pushed Ricky Martin very hard to admit if he was gay or not, and the way he refused to do it made everyone decide that he was. A lot of people say that destroyed his career, and when I think back on it now I feel it was an inappropriate question."
The Puerto Rican star, who is a single dad to twin sons, does not comment publicly on his sexuality.
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz