Mo'Nique's Oscars Gown Dedicated to Hattie McDaniel
Oscar winner Mo'Nique had a very special reason for wearing a blue gown to the Academy Awards on Sunday night, March 7- actress Hattie McDaniel wore the same-colored dress to the 1940 event, when she became the first African-American to win gold.
Mo'Nique, who took home the Best Supporting Actress award for her role as a cruel mum in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", paid tribute to the "Gone With the Wind" star during her acceptance speech, and told reporters backstage at the Kodak Theater she put a lot of thought into what she wore for her big night.
She said, "The reason why I have on this royal blue dress is because it's the colour that Hattie McDaniel wore in 1940 when she accepted her Oscar. The reason why I have this gardenia in my hair (is) it is the flower that Hattie McDaniel wore when she accepted her Oscar. So, for you, Ms. Hattie McDaniel, I feel you all over me, and it's about time that the world feels you all over them."
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video