Mo'Nique's Oscars Gown Dedicated to Hattie McDaniel
Oscar winner Mo'Nique had a very special reason for wearing a blue gown to the Academy Awards on Sunday night, March 7- actress Hattie McDaniel wore the same-colored dress to the 1940 event, when she became the first African-American to win gold.
Mo'Nique, who took home the Best Supporting Actress award for her role as a cruel mum in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", paid tribute to the "Gone With the Wind" star during her acceptance speech, and told reporters backstage at the Kodak Theater she put a lot of thought into what she wore for her big night.
She said, "The reason why I have on this royal blue dress is because it's the colour that Hattie McDaniel wore in 1940 when she accepted her Oscar. The reason why I have this gardenia in my hair (is) it is the flower that Hattie McDaniel wore when she accepted her Oscar. So, for you, Ms. Hattie McDaniel, I feel you all over me, and it's about time that the world feels you all over them."
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child