Ellie Goulding Lands No. 1 in U.K Album Chart
Lady GaGa has been dethroned by her new protege Ellie Goulding, who rocketed to the top of the U.K. album charts with her debut album, "Lights". The 23-year-old singer/songwriter met GaGa at the U.K.'s BRIT Awards in February, where the "Poker Face" singer passed on a few wise words.
Now Goulding, who won the Critics' Choice prize at the BRITs ceremony, has scored a number one, pushing Lady GaGa's "The Fame" into second place. R&B singer Alicia Keys remained third with "The Element of Freedom", while the cast of "Glee" and British band Florence and the Machine rounded out the top five respectively.
Meanwhile London rapper Tinie Tempah stormed the singles chart, taking first place with his debut track "Pass Out". Rihanna was at two with "Rude Boy", while Jason Derulo's "In My Head" came third.
More Ellie Goulding News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media