Ellie Goulding Lands No. 1 in U.K Album Chart
Lady GaGa has been dethroned by her new protege Ellie Goulding, who rocketed to the top of the U.K. album charts with her debut album, "Lights". The 23-year-old singer/songwriter met GaGa at the U.K.'s BRIT Awards in February, where the "Poker Face" singer passed on a few wise words.
Now Goulding, who won the Critics' Choice prize at the BRITs ceremony, has scored a number one, pushing Lady GaGa's "The Fame" into second place. R&B singer Alicia Keys remained third with "The Element of Freedom", while the cast of "Glee" and British band Florence and the Machine rounded out the top five respectively.
Meanwhile London rapper Tinie Tempah stormed the singles chart, taking first place with his debut track "Pass Out". Rihanna was at two with "Rude Boy", while Jason Derulo's "In My Head" came third.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7