Ellie Goulding Lands No. 1 in U.K Album Chart
Lady GaGa has been dethroned by her new protege Ellie Goulding, who rocketed to the top of the U.K. album charts with her debut album, "Lights". The 23-year-old singer/songwriter met GaGa at the U.K.'s BRIT Awards in February, where the "Poker Face" singer passed on a few wise words.
Now Goulding, who won the Critics' Choice prize at the BRITs ceremony, has scored a number one, pushing Lady GaGa's "The Fame" into second place. R&B singer Alicia Keys remained third with "The Element of Freedom", while the cast of "Glee" and British band Florence and the Machine rounded out the top five respectively.
Meanwhile London rapper Tinie Tempah stormed the singles chart, taking first place with his debut track "Pass Out". Rihanna was at two with "Rude Boy", while Jason Derulo's "In My Head" came third.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off