Ellie Goulding Lands No. 1 in U.K Album Chart
Lady GaGa has been dethroned by her new protege Ellie Goulding, who rocketed to the top of the U.K. album charts with her debut album, "Lights". The 23-year-old singer/songwriter met GaGa at the U.K.'s BRIT Awards in February, where the "Poker Face" singer passed on a few wise words.
Now Goulding, who won the Critics' Choice prize at the BRITs ceremony, has scored a number one, pushing Lady GaGa's "The Fame" into second place. R&B singer Alicia Keys remained third with "The Element of Freedom", while the cast of "Glee" and British band Florence and the Machine rounded out the top five respectively.
Meanwhile London rapper Tinie Tempah stormed the singles chart, taking first place with his debut track "Pass Out". Rihanna was at two with "Rude Boy", while Jason Derulo's "In My Head" came third.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic