Ellie Goulding Lands No. 1 in U.K Album Chart
Lady GaGa has been dethroned by her new protege Ellie Goulding, who rocketed to the top of the U.K. album charts with her debut album, "Lights". The 23-year-old singer/songwriter met GaGa at the U.K.'s BRIT Awards in February, where the "Poker Face" singer passed on a few wise words.
Now Goulding, who won the Critics' Choice prize at the BRITs ceremony, has scored a number one, pushing Lady GaGa's "The Fame" into second place. R&B singer Alicia Keys remained third with "The Element of Freedom", while the cast of "Glee" and British band Florence and the Machine rounded out the top five respectively.
Meanwhile London rapper Tinie Tempah stormed the singles chart, taking first place with his debut track "Pass Out". Rihanna was at two with "Rude Boy", while Jason Derulo's "In My Head" came third.
More Ellie Goulding News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'