James Cameron: 'Star Wars' Made Me Quit From My Trucking Job
Oscar-nominated moviemaker James Cameron was so impressed by "Star Wars" he quit his job as a trucker to become a director. The "Avatar" filmmaker admits the George Lucas sci-fi epic inspired him to do more with the movie images he had in his head than simply talk about them.
He says, "I said, 'OK, I've got imagery like that in my head, if that's what people really want to see ... I'm doing the wrong thing, driving a truck'."
His trucking career aside, James Cameron's sci-fi has recently took home three prizes at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards, which was held at Kodak Theater, Hollywood on March 7. His "Avatar" has won Best Art Direction, Best Visual Effects, Best Cinematography awards at the event.
More Avatar News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'