James Cameron: 'Star Wars' Made Me Quit From My Trucking Job
Oscar-nominated moviemaker James Cameron was so impressed by "Star Wars" he quit his job as a trucker to become a director. The "Avatar" filmmaker admits the George Lucas sci-fi epic inspired him to do more with the movie images he had in his head than simply talk about them.
He says, "I said, 'OK, I've got imagery like that in my head, if that's what people really want to see ... I'm doing the wrong thing, driving a truck'."
His trucking career aside, James Cameron's sci-fi has recently took home three prizes at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards, which was held at Kodak Theater, Hollywood on March 7. His "Avatar" has won Best Art Direction, Best Visual Effects, Best Cinematography awards at the event.
More Avatar News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked