James Cameron: 'Star Wars' Made Me Quit From My Trucking Job
Oscar-nominated moviemaker James Cameron was so impressed by "Star Wars" he quit his job as a trucker to become a director. The "Avatar" filmmaker admits the George Lucas sci-fi epic inspired him to do more with the movie images he had in his head than simply talk about them.
He says, "I said, 'OK, I've got imagery like that in my head, if that's what people really want to see ... I'm doing the wrong thing, driving a truck'."
His trucking career aside, James Cameron's sci-fi has recently took home three prizes at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards, which was held at Kodak Theater, Hollywood on March 7. His "Avatar" has won Best Art Direction, Best Visual Effects, Best Cinematography awards at the event.
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media