Queen Latifah Fired After Toilet Tantrum
Queen Latifah was fired from the New Jersey Burger King where she worked as her career took off after losing her temper during a toilet tantrum. The rapper-turned actress and singer lost her cool in front of the assistant manager after a night spent cleaning out the fast food diner's restrooms.
She recalls, "I would clean these bathrooms like they were my own ... They would be immaculate when I'd be done with them. A lot of homeless people used to come in, so there would be a lot around to clean. I was like, 'You can't talk to me that way after I just cleaned that bathroom.' I just lost it."
Latifah, real name Dana Owens, admits she returned to confront the manager who fired her after she was a big name - but learned he had quit. She adds, "I just don't think he could deal with that job. I think it was a little too stressful (for him)."
More Queen Latifah News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance