Simon Cowell Counters Sting's Singing Contests Comment
Simon Cowell has hit back at "idiot" Sting for dismissing the music mogul's reality singing contests as "televised karaoke". The former The Police's frontman blasted Cowell in 2009, claiming the talent spotter was exploiting talentless wannabes, who are then "humiliated" in a bid to boost television ratings on shows like "American Idol" and "The X Factor".
Sting said, " 'The X Factor' is a preposterous show and you have judges who have no recognizable talent apart from self-promotion, advising them (contestants) what to wear and how to look. It is appalling." Cowell didn't respond straight away but now he's taking aim at Sting, slamming the star for begrudging anybody else a chance to become a star.
In a new interview with British broadcaster Piers Morgan, who is a judge on Cowell's "America's Got Talent" show, he says, "First of all, anybody who at the age of 60 calls himself Sting is an idiot. I find those kind of people ... who come from quite humble beginnings and they're (now) living in these stately homes, professing to know everything about everything in the world, and what the contestants may or may not feel."
"They can say that because they've got everything they want in their lives, but what they're really saying is anybody else who needs a shot shouldn't be allowed to do it."
More Simon Cowell News
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern