Helena Bonham Carter Receives Newspaper's Apology
Helena Bonham Carter has received an official apology from a U.K. newspaper for making "unfounded" comments about her home set-up with partner Tim Burton. In an article published in The Independent on February 27 titled "One big happy family three separate houses", writer Amy Jenkins claimed the "Planet of the Apes" actress lived in a separate house next door to longterm partner Burton.
She also stated that their two children and the nanny live in a "third house in the same street", and described the situation as "chilling". Bosses at the newspaper have now issued an apology to the star for the incorrect information, clarifying the couple's home set-up with an excerpt in the publication on Saturday, March 6, "In fact the house which the children and the nanny live in is next door to the parents' houses and the three houses are interconnected."
"In fact the entire family live together in a single home that is fashioned from three adjacent former artist's studios."
The paper then issues an apology to Bonham Carter, adding, "The comment that this arrangement is 'not so much eccentric as chilling', is unfounded and we accept that Helena Bonham Carter is a caring mother and apologize to her for suggesting otherwise."
- Victoria Beckham to Sing Again for 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday