Helena Bonham Carter Receives Newspaper's Apology
Helena Bonham Carter has received an official apology from a U.K. newspaper for making "unfounded" comments about her home set-up with partner Tim Burton. In an article published in The Independent on February 27 titled "One big happy family three separate houses", writer Amy Jenkins claimed the "Planet of the Apes" actress lived in a separate house next door to longterm partner Burton.
She also stated that their two children and the nanny live in a "third house in the same street", and described the situation as "chilling". Bosses at the newspaper have now issued an apology to the star for the incorrect information, clarifying the couple's home set-up with an excerpt in the publication on Saturday, March 6, "In fact the house which the children and the nanny live in is next door to the parents' houses and the three houses are interconnected."
"In fact the entire family live together in a single home that is fashioned from three adjacent former artist's studios."
The paper then issues an apology to Bonham Carter, adding, "The comment that this arrangement is 'not so much eccentric as chilling', is unfounded and we accept that Helena Bonham Carter is a caring mother and apologize to her for suggesting otherwise."
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?