Helena Bonham Carter Receives Newspaper's Apology
Helena Bonham Carter has received an official apology from a U.K. newspaper for making "unfounded" comments about her home set-up with partner Tim Burton. In an article published in The Independent on February 27 titled "One big happy family three separate houses", writer Amy Jenkins claimed the "Planet of the Apes" actress lived in a separate house next door to longterm partner Burton.
She also stated that their two children and the nanny live in a "third house in the same street", and described the situation as "chilling". Bosses at the newspaper have now issued an apology to the star for the incorrect information, clarifying the couple's home set-up with an excerpt in the publication on Saturday, March 6, "In fact the house which the children and the nanny live in is next door to the parents' houses and the three houses are interconnected."
"In fact the entire family live together in a single home that is fashioned from three adjacent former artist's studios."
The paper then issues an apology to Bonham Carter, adding, "The comment that this arrangement is 'not so much eccentric as chilling', is unfounded and we accept that Helena Bonham Carter is a caring mother and apologize to her for suggesting otherwise."
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift