Sandra Bullock Is Big 'Winner' at 2010 Razzie Awards
Sandra Bullock was shamed as Worst Actress at the 2010 Golden Raspberry Awards on Saturday, March 6 - just a day before she's tipped to pick up an Oscar. Bullock picked up the spoof movie trophy for her part in "All About Steve", which she also co-produced, even though she is one of the favorites to win an Academy Award at Sunday night's, March 7 Oscars ceremony for her role in "The Blind Side".
The "Miss Congeniality" actress received a standing ovation as she took the stage to pick up her Razzie - the first Worst Actress recipient to attend the show since Halle Berry was shamed for her role in "Catwoman" in 2005. Armed with a box of DVDs of the film, Bullock told the crowd they all need to watch her performance again because she's not convinced she deserves the dishonor.
She told the audience, "Something tells me you all didn't watch the film because I wouldn't be here if you really, really watched it and understood what I was trying to say. Everyone gets a copy and this is the deal I'm going to make. I will show up next year if you promise to watch the movie and really consider if it was truly the worst performance. If you're willing to watch, I'll come back next year and give back the Razzie."
Bullock also landed another flop trophy for Worst Screen Couple with her "All About Steve" co-star Bradley Cooper. Other big losers at the event include "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen", which was panned as the Worst Picture of 2009, and received dishonors for Worst Director for Michael Bay and Worst Screenplay for Ehren Kruger, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman.
Sienna Miller received the Worst Supporting Actress Razzie for "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" and Billy Ray Cyrus picked up Worst Supporting Actor for his part in his daughter Miley Cyrus' big screen outing "Hannah Montana: The Movie". The Jonas Brothers were jointly named Worst Actor for "Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience".
Razzie bosses also marked the end of the decade by picking the worst movie offerings of the last 10 years - John Travolta's "Battlefield Earth" was labelled the Worst Picture and Paris Hilton was named and shamed as the Worst Actress, while Eddie Murphy was named Worst Actor.
Full Winners List of the 30th Annual Razzie Awards:
- Worst Picture - "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"
- Worst Director - Michael Bay, "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"
- Worst Actor - All Three Jonas Brothers, "Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience"
- Worst Actress - Sandra Bullock, "All About Steve"
- Worst Supporting Actor - Billy Ray Cyrus, "Hannah Montana: The Movie"
- Worst Supporting Actress - Sienna Miller, "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra"
- Worst Screen Couple - Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper, "All About Steve"
- Worst Remake Rip-Off Sequel - "Land of the Lost"
- Worst Pictures of the Decade - "Battlefield Earth"
- Worst Actor of the Decade - Eddie Murphy
- Worst Actress of the Decade - Paris Hilton
More Sandra Bullock News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake