Beyonce Knowles Helps Addicts With Her Cosmetology Course
Beyonce Knowles has thanked staff and students at the New York substance abuse center where she researched her role in movie "Cadillac Records" by returning to open a new cosmetology school named in her honor. The singer and her mother Tina Knowles made a surprise visit to Brooklyn's Phoenix House on Friday, March 5, a day after she and husband Jay-Z met with U.S. President Barack Obama at the White House in Washington, D.C.
Beyonce spent time at Phoenix Center while preparing to play former heroine addict Etta James in the 2008 film, and she was so moved by her experience there she donated her movie salary to the center's bosses .
Beyonce and Tina later suggested Phoenix chiefs launch a cosmetology course, and they were both on hand on Friday to cut the ribbon at the school, which will be named the Beyonce Cosmetology Center. The school will allow recovering addicts to rebuild their lives and embark on careers in the cosmetics industry.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion