Beyonce Knowles Helps Addicts With Her Cosmetology Course
Beyonce Knowles has thanked staff and students at the New York substance abuse center where she researched her role in movie "Cadillac Records" by returning to open a new cosmetology school named in her honor. The singer and her mother Tina Knowles made a surprise visit to Brooklyn's Phoenix House on Friday, March 5, a day after she and husband Jay-Z met with U.S. President Barack Obama at the White House in Washington, D.C.
Beyonce spent time at Phoenix Center while preparing to play former heroine addict Etta James in the 2008 film, and she was so moved by her experience there she donated her movie salary to the center's bosses .
Beyonce and Tina later suggested Phoenix chiefs launch a cosmetology course, and they were both on hand on Friday to cut the ribbon at the school, which will be named the Beyonce Cosmetology Center. The school will allow recovering addicts to rebuild their lives and embark on careers in the cosmetics industry.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism