Beyonce Knowles Helps Addicts With Her Cosmetology Course
Beyonce Knowles has thanked staff and students at the New York substance abuse center where she researched her role in movie "Cadillac Records" by returning to open a new cosmetology school named in her honor. The singer and her mother Tina Knowles made a surprise visit to Brooklyn's Phoenix House on Friday, March 5, a day after she and husband Jay-Z met with U.S. President Barack Obama at the White House in Washington, D.C.
Beyonce spent time at Phoenix Center while preparing to play former heroine addict Etta James in the 2008 film, and she was so moved by her experience there she donated her movie salary to the center's bosses .
Beyonce and Tina later suggested Phoenix chiefs launch a cosmetology course, and they were both on hand on Friday to cut the ribbon at the school, which will be named the Beyonce Cosmetology Center. The school will allow recovering addicts to rebuild their lives and embark on careers in the cosmetics industry.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star