Beyonce Knowles Helps Addicts With Her Cosmetology Course
Beyonce Knowles has thanked staff and students at the New York substance abuse center where she researched her role in movie "Cadillac Records" by returning to open a new cosmetology school named in her honor. The singer and her mother Tina Knowles made a surprise visit to Brooklyn's Phoenix House on Friday, March 5, a day after she and husband Jay-Z met with U.S. President Barack Obama at the White House in Washington, D.C.
Beyonce spent time at Phoenix Center while preparing to play former heroine addict Etta James in the 2008 film, and she was so moved by her experience there she donated her movie salary to the center's bosses .
Beyonce and Tina later suggested Phoenix chiefs launch a cosmetology course, and they were both on hand on Friday to cut the ribbon at the school, which will be named the Beyonce Cosmetology Center. The school will allow recovering addicts to rebuild their lives and embark on careers in the cosmetics industry.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival