Ozzy Osbourne and Wife to Lead John Lennon's 70th Birthday
Ozzy Osbourne and his wife Sharon Osbourne will lead the birthday celebrations for the late John Lennon in his hometown of Liverpool, England in October. The former Black Sabbath's frontman, who is a big The Beatles' fan, was invited by Liverpool's Lord Mayor, Councillor Mike Storey, to help mark what would have been the tragic singer's 70th birthday - and he has happily accepted.
Local radio DJ Pete Price, who received the news in a phone call from rock matriarch Sharon Osbourne herself, explains, "She said she is coming to Liverpool and it is something to do with what would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday. Ozzy is a huge John Lennon fan."
Lennon, who was shot dead in New York City on December 8, 1980, would have turned 70 on October 9.
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order