Ozzy Osbourne and Wife to Lead John Lennon's 70th Birthday
Ozzy Osbourne and his wife Sharon Osbourne will lead the birthday celebrations for the late John Lennon in his hometown of Liverpool, England in October. The former Black Sabbath's frontman, who is a big The Beatles' fan, was invited by Liverpool's Lord Mayor, Councillor Mike Storey, to help mark what would have been the tragic singer's 70th birthday - and he has happily accepted.
Local radio DJ Pete Price, who received the news in a phone call from rock matriarch Sharon Osbourne herself, explains, "She said she is coming to Liverpool and it is something to do with what would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday. Ozzy is a huge John Lennon fan."
Lennon, who was shot dead in New York City on December 8, 1980, would have turned 70 on October 9.
More Ozzy Osbourne News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences