Ozzy Osbourne and Wife to Lead John Lennon's 70th Birthday
Ozzy Osbourne and his wife Sharon Osbourne will lead the birthday celebrations for the late John Lennon in his hometown of Liverpool, England in October. The former Black Sabbath's frontman, who is a big The Beatles' fan, was invited by Liverpool's Lord Mayor, Councillor Mike Storey, to help mark what would have been the tragic singer's 70th birthday - and he has happily accepted.
Local radio DJ Pete Price, who received the news in a phone call from rock matriarch Sharon Osbourne herself, explains, "She said she is coming to Liverpool and it is something to do with what would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday. Ozzy is a huge John Lennon fan."
Lennon, who was shot dead in New York City on December 8, 1980, would have turned 70 on October 9.
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress