Ozzy Osbourne and Wife to Lead John Lennon's 70th Birthday
Ozzy Osbourne and his wife Sharon Osbourne will lead the birthday celebrations for the late John Lennon in his hometown of Liverpool, England in October. The former Black Sabbath's frontman, who is a big The Beatles' fan, was invited by Liverpool's Lord Mayor, Councillor Mike Storey, to help mark what would have been the tragic singer's 70th birthday - and he has happily accepted.
Local radio DJ Pete Price, who received the news in a phone call from rock matriarch Sharon Osbourne herself, explains, "She said she is coming to Liverpool and it is something to do with what would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday. Ozzy is a huge John Lennon fan."
Lennon, who was shot dead in New York City on December 8, 1980, would have turned 70 on October 9.
More Ozzy Osbourne News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says